Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained: The Mailbox

Dipper was in the forest when he turned the camera on.

He had a rather serious expression on his face.

"Welcome back to Dipper's guide to the unexplained" he said, as he held up a new cardboard sign. "Anomaly number fifty four: the mailbox."

He turned the camera so that it was facing the rather peculiar mailbox.

Its age was exemplified by the rust and moss hanging off from it, and yet it was a rather strange place for a mailbox to be placed.

"There it is, in the middle of the forest. No house, no address..." Dipper was saying. "Today, me and my team of experts..."

Soos and Mara both stepped into view of the camera. While Mara was wearing her normal attire, Soos was wearing a labcoat with a pair of goggles over his eyes.

"Sup" Soos greeted, as he held up a hand.

Mara simply pointed at the camera and clicked her tongue in a bored tone.

"...are going to put a letter into the mailbox, and see who picks it up."

Soos held up the letter.

"My letter possets a salient question: 'sup, dawg."

And with that, he placed the letter into the mailbox, and slammed it shut.

"Now we're going to hide behind a bush and wait until..."

"Uh, Dipper?" said Mara, as her voice started to rise with worry.

Suddenly, the mailbox started to shake violently, its flag rising as well until it finally reached the top. Once it did, the mailbox stopped vibrating.

There was a long pause before any of them spoke.

"Did you see that?" said Soos, clutching his hat in an anxious manner.

Dipper put the camera down, then hurried up to the mailbox with Soos and Mara.

"Open it" he whispered.

"No, you open it, dude" Soos insisted. "I'm not touching a ghost mailbox!"

Mara groaned, and pushed them both out of the way.

"Just move out of the way" she said. "I'll open it."

She cautiously held out her arm, and opened the mailbox.

Everyone cringed at first, expecting the worst to pop out at them.

But nothing happened.

Instead, Mara reached in and pulled out a rather aged letter, with a red seal that had the infinity symbol stamped onto it.

"What?" exclaimed Soos. "That's not our letter!"

Dipper gingerly took the letter out of Mara's hands, and opened it himself.

His eyes widened in shock when he saw the words that were written on the paper.

Soos and Mara read it over his shoulder as well.

"Hello Dipper, Mara, and Soos?" said Soos, his voice rising with anxiety and surprise.

"It knows our names!" said Dipper.

"No. Way" said Mara. "How is that even possible?"

"What if this thing's all-knowing?" Soos inquired.

"We've gotta test it."

Soos held up the new letter to the camera.

"What did I shave into my head this morning?"