Mara's Guide to Alternate Dimensions

Mara peered into the camera lens with a doubtful look on her face in the triplets' room.

"Is it on?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's on" Mabel replied, shooting her sister a thumbs up from behind the camera.

"Ok."

Mara took several steps back, and waved at the camera.

"Welcome back to the Mara's Guide series" she said.

"Brought to you by Mabel Inc. Fuzzy Ducklings!" Mabel said, holding up a fuzzy green stuffed animal duckling to the camera. "You can buy yours today for just $450.99 at the number below, with no refunds! And now we return to your program!"

Mara looked like she was trying not to shoot Mabel an irritated expression.

"Thank you, Mabel" she said through gritted teeth, before turning her attention towards the camera. "Today is Mara's Guide to...this!"

She held up her wrist to reveal a high tech red colored watch, which was so thick that it took up a third of her arm length.

"Great!" Mabel said with fake enthusiasm. "It's another nerd toy."

Mara frowned.

"It's not a nerd toy. It's trans-dimensional watch!" she said. "It uses mutated accelerated photons and chromium particles to-"

"Nerd toy!" Mabel interrupted. "It's totally a nerd toy."

Mara frowned at her sister.

"Hey, I didn't interrupt you while you were advertising your moldy ducks."

"It's not mold!" Mabel replied cheerfully. "It's fuzzy green stuff that I found growing in the-"

"Anyways" Mara interrupted her sister. "This watch will take me to any dimension, and then will automatically transport me back within a certain set time. You all will get to see whatever I see with this tiny camera."

She held up a small, flat camera, before clipping it to the front of her toolbelt.

She then turned her attention towards the watch, and started to punch some numbers into it.

"Now let's see, set that to ten minutes, and there!"

Mara held up the watch excitedly.

"Wait, wasn't that Dipper's watch?" Mabel asked from behind the camera.

"Eh, he won't mind" Mara replied, before pressing the button on the watch. "Probably."

Suddenly, a flash of indigo light in the shape of her silhouette appeared, before it disappeared in another bright flash.

Mara had vanished.

The camera clipped to Mara's belt flickered to life as she re-appeared in a flash of indigo light.

Her jaw dropped as she looked around at her new surroundings.

"What the?" she stuttered in shock.

She appeared to be in a tremendous oval-shaped arena, with a tan dirt ground, and thick iron walls surrounding the entire place. The sickening stench of sweat and bile caused Mara to gag when she first breathed in the dimension's air. There were spectators crammed all around sitting on elevated benches, all of them cheering wildly underneath the blood orange sky.

There was a grand spectators box above the crowd, and inside it was a rather plump man wearing long elegant robes to conceal his rolls of fat. He had huge round plugs in his stretched earlobes, a shiny bald head that reflected the dull light of the sky, and long facial hair that looked like it should have been on his head instead.