Mara's Guide to Survival

Mara, Dipper, and Mabel were in a boat out on the lake when the camera finally flickered on. All three of them were soaking wet.

"And that concludes Mara's guide to wakeboarding" Mara said. "Where we learned to not drive the boat too close to the rocks!"

Mara glared at Mabel, who only grinned at the camera.

"And that wakeboarding can be turned easily into water skiing!" she added cheerfully, holding up the remains of the wakeboard, which had been split in half vertically down the middle.

"And that rocks and boat motors don't mix, and that we're stuck here until I can fix this!" Mara yelled indignantly, holding up the smashed boat motor.

She huffed heatedly before she took out her tools, and started to get to work on repairing the motor.

Dipper wasn't paying attention to them, for his focus was mainly on the sky above the lake.

"Uh, guys?" he said, his voice rising with anxiety.

"Not now, Dipper" Mara said, not noticing the dark clouds that were only starting to accumulate more. "I'm kinda busy."

"But I really think we should go now..."

"Can't it wait? It's not like we can go anyways with the motor busted."

Mabel had looked up to see what their brother was so worried about.

"Uh, Mara? Are dark storm clouds called 'nimbus' or 'cumulonimbus' clouds?"

Mara finally looked up.

"Wait, what?"

Heading towards them were dark grey puffy clouds, which were so thick that they blocked the sun. Rain was pouring out from under the clouds, and the only source of light was coming from the occasional lightning strikes that flashed from the sky.

All of their eyes widened in fear, before they each picked up a spare oar.

"ROW!!!!" Mara screamed.

The three of them all started to paddle frantically, plunging their oars into the water and pushing the boat forward as quickly as they could.

The wind had picked up and was blowing the triplets' hair backwards, and in Mabel's case into her face.

"The storm's catching up!" she screamed, as she spit out more hair.

"Keep rowing!"

Unfortunately, it looked like the storm was brewing a wave in the lake, and that as it travelled closer to them, the wave only seemed to grow in size until it was upon them.

All three of them looked up just in time to see the tremendous tidal wave about to crash over them at its peak.

The camera flickered on weakly, revealing an unconscious Mara lying on the sandy ground. Her eyes were just starting to flutter open.

She groaned in pain, and slowly sat up.

Suddenly, her eyes widened and she gasped in shock.

"Dipper! Mabel!" she exclaimed, forcing herself to get off the ground and hurrying to look for her siblings.

She found Mabel first. She was lying face down on the beach.

"Mabel!" Mara exclaimed, rushing to her sister's body. "Are you still alive?"

"No" Mabel moaned.

Mara breathed a sigh of relief, and helped her sister off the ground.

"Where's Dipper?" Mabel asked.