Shelter

Seana Washington

I find shelter in this way, undercover hideaway. Can you hear, when I say I have never felt this way.
                - Birdy

As I ran down the unknown streets with my bags I saw a pay phone

As I ran down the unknown streets with my bags I saw a pay phone. I didn't have a quarter so I searched all around for one. I eventually found one laying in the streets. Maybe I had a chance for a better night. I picked up the phone and dialed the only number I had on me—Sanity.

I dialed the number in hopes of him picking up because I only had one quarter.

Sanity Othello, Age 21

It was 3am and my phone was ringing

It was 3am and my phone was ringing. I wanted to ignore it but something told me to pick it up. Thinking it was one of my hoes calling for a dick appointment I answered the phone aggressively.

"What!?" I shouted into my iPhone XR.

All I heard was rapid breathing on the other end. I figured they dialed the wrong number.

"I'm 'bout to hang up!" At this point I was getting annoyed.

"Wait don't hang up! It's me Seana. I-I think I'm being followed by some men who want to put me on the streets and get money from it."

Oh damn! She was bout to get pimped the fuck out!

"Please help me Sanity, I don't have anyone else." She was in full blown tears at this point. What happened to her going home.

"Where you at Babygirl?"

"I'm across the street from the corner store we were just at." She sounds extremely shook right now.

"I'm on my way stay put."

"Okay, please hurry Sanity. I'm so scared."