Fly Before You Fall

When it's quiet you're screaming inside, and I break as I hear you loud as a bomb wanting a shoulder to cry on. I hear you tumbling fast. Here and now, you're afraid. Don't you worry, I'll teach you to fly before you fall away.
                   - Cynthia Erivo

Seana Washington
1 month later

Ever since Snoop came over that day, we've been in constant contact. Every single morning I wake up to a text asking about my wellbeing.

He shows me that he cares and that is more than I can say for a lot of people. We go out every once and a while and he shows me how I should be treated. He's guiding me into my happy place and I love it.

He compliments me daily and my confidence is slowly coming back. He also sends me a scripture every morning to start my day. He's really a great man.

The day after his first visit, Sanity came home covered in blood and bruises. I didn't know what happened so I ignored it. I had got a text saying that Sanity won't be putting his hands on me again. Snoop beat Sanity's ass for me.

For me!

Me!

No one ever cared enough to beat someone for me except Niko. He had my back against his own Best Friend.

We were supposed to be going to lunch and then my survivor's meeting. He was my supporter throughout the entire program. I have been attending for about 3 weeks.

Although that may not seem like a Long time to some, it is a great milestone for me. I was reluctant at first but Snoop said he'll buy me lunch every week and I can't deny free food. Especially because San barely lets me eat at home.

I now weigh 101 pounds. Before I met Sanity I weighed 130 and it was healthy weight. Now I look sick and drained. How can you hit someone who looks like they're about to snap in half. My phone dinged and took me away from my thoughts.

Snoops🐐: Omw be ready lil mama

SeaSea🦋: Been ready

Snoops🐐: Say less

He pulled up in less than 5 minutes and we were on our way.

"How was ya day so far lil mama?"

"It was good to be honest. Sanity keeps his distance and barely talks to me. Life couldn't be better." I said that with much uncertainty in my voice.

"Imma pretend like I believe you."

"Truth is I want out. I don't wanna live there anymore Snoopy. It's like I'm living with a stranger. He doesn't care to notice me anymore. I mean I'm not one to beg for attention so I'll be fine. I mean am I unnoticeable?"

He looked over and licked his lips. He stared back at the road and didn't answer my question. We pulled up to the restaurant and I was glad because it was awkward.

Snoopy

I heard what Seana asked me and I honestly couldn't answer at the time

I heard what Seana asked me and I honestly couldn't answer at the time. She is a gorgeous girl and there is nothing that goes unnoticed about her. I just didn't want to overstep boundaries.

We were seated within 10 minutes and the waiter came to take our orders.

"Hello my name is Yatain and I'll be your server for this afternoon. Can I start you off with any drinks ma'am?" He stared at Sea the whole time but she barely noticed.

"I'll take the waiter."

"And fa you?" He seemed to have an attitude when asking me. I didn't care tho because he could stay mad.

"I'll have the same thang as my lil mama right there. You sure you only want water baby?"

I had to let him know, even if we weren't in a relationship I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable by a strange man's flirtatious ways. She wasn't used to a lot of attention and she gets scared easily. I wanted her to enjoy herself the entire time.

With that he walked away and Sea started to giggle.

"Lemme take a flick of you right quick. You got a model glow going on girl." She started blushing and shit.

"Stop I'm not even that good looking and plus everything about me goes unnoticed." That statement made me frown. I felt bad and I knew I had to fix this.

"You are noticeable Seana. Look at me." She looked up into my eyes. This is the first time she's made eye contact with me and I felt as though we were making progress.

"From you're dark brown curly hair that goes perfect with you puppy dog eyes to your chocolate skin. Who could miss your amazing smile as well as you're perfect voice." She sat there smiling and I wasn't finished yet.

"Lil mama, I could never forget how ambitious, and caring you are. You have a heart of gold and are the most forgiving person I know. I like that you see the good in every situation and the best in the worst of people. I notice that you have great patience. How you bite your nails when you're nervous and angry, and how to tell the two apart. Like how you're doing right now. Are you nervous lil mama?"

She stopped and stared into my eyes before tearing up.

"I thought things that I do go unnoticed, I didn't realise that you could see me for me. Not this broken abused girl who has nothing."

"Sea as long as you have me as a Friend, you have everything. It may not be the richest lifestyle but if you need something, I gotchu. I will always look out for you, never forget that." She walked over to my side of the booth and hugged me.

"Thank you so much Snoop. How can I ever repay you for all you've done?"

"Just continue to go to the meetings and don't let Sanity tear you down. I'm telling you I'm only one phone call away. You will be outta there faster than you think. Also let me take this flick of you." She smiled and shook her head.

"I don't know how to take pictures Snoop. Plus I don't look the best right now."

"You look amazing Seana. Just pose."

"See it wasn't that hard

"See it wasn't that hard. Plus you look amazing. Stop letting that bum ass nigga tell you otherwise. You a black queen and don't you forget it alright?" She nodded her head smiling and looking down.

We gone have to fix that looking down tho.

Helloooohellooohellooo
Dud ya miss me? Nah but this chapter a Lil boring and the next chapter will be a time skip and it might go into what the prologue talks about, I'm not sure yet
But keep commenting and voting because I appreciate all of the love I'm receiving. We're almost at 10k and that's so freaking crazy to me. Anytywayyysss I'll see you all next time💕💕✌🏾✌🏾✌🏾