Free

But I just want to be free, free, free. And I just got to be me, me, me.
           - Deniece Williams

Seana Washington

I rolled over and looked at the love of my life

I rolled over and looked at the love of my life. I'm ashamed it took me this long to figure it out. We were meant to be. We always were.

These past few days have been amazing. I haven't laughed or smiled this much in months and I'm so grateful. There is no place I'd rather be.

Yes I'm still in the hotel room with Niko and we are taking things slow. He thought it'd be best if I heal before I jump into another relationship. I honestly agree with him so I didn't complain.

I took the time to just stare at him. I took in all his features and thanked the Lord for him. He brought me out of hell and I wanted to thank him for it.

I wanted to make today special, so I decided to go out while he was sleeping. I wanted to get him some food and some things from the mall. I planned on getting him some new sneakers and I took his phone so I can go upgrade it.

Hopefully he doesn't wake up looking for me and his phone.

On my way to the mall, they were playing throwbacks. I heard Deniece Williams' song, Free, and I thought about how I am free. I am so happy that I'm free from the pain and heartache.

I pulled up to the mall and walked with a purpose not trying to run into anyone. I just wanted o get in and get out.

I went into the Apple Store and quickly exchanged his phone. I traveled to the Nike store and got him some sneakers. I paid for them and ran to the car.

I had this strange feeling that someone was watching me. It was a feeling that I couldn't shake and I didn't like.

As soon as I made it to the car and had my hand on the handle I was grabbed from behind. They turned me around and it was my worst nightmare.

"Long time no see Babygirl." I've grown to hate that name.

"What do you want from me Sanity?!"

"Want? Bitch I own you! You don't do shit without my permission. I gave you you're little vacation now bring ya ass home!" He roughly let go of me and I slammed into the door.

"You don't wanna see what will happen to ya lil nigga if you don't. I'll start with him and finish with you." He threatened.

"Please don't hurt him. You can hurt me but please don't touch him. I promise I'll come home."

"Imma make sure of that. Imma take you to the hotel and you gon get all ya shit and come out front."