Dirty Laundry

Let's do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry. When you're soaked in tears for years, it never airs out. When you make pain look this good, it never wears out. This dirty laundry, this dirty laundry.
- Kelly Rowland

Seana Washington
The next morning...

My body is extremely sore and I can barely take the pain

"Sanityyy." I started crying because I could barely move.

"What girl?"

"It hurts. My whole body hurts." He rolled over to face me.

"Baby?"

"Yes."

"You gon have to be stronger and take these beatings like a champ. You got a smart mouth, and at the rate you're going you gon get disciplined often. I know it seems like I'm the bad guy but I'm the only one that cares about you. Who took you in when you got kicked out?"

"You did."

"And who paid for everything that you own?"

"You did San."

"Who teaches you right from wrong and gets you in line when you act up?"

"You But—

"No buts, I do everything for you and you getting upset over Love taps?"

"No."

"Those so called beatings that you get are light. I barely touch you and you be screaming like you ain't got no sense.

"But why?"

"I only hit you because I love you. This is the only way I can show you I love you. Although you can be better, I try with you. I really try so hard baby, but you provoke me."

"When are you gonna stop hitting me over petty things Sanity?"

"When you get your act together." I was done with this conversation honestly.

"Well I have to get back into school because I missed so much. I stopped going for a while and now I have to catch up."

"Why you need an education when you got me?"

"Sanity, if I don't get my education then I can't go to college. And if I don't go to college I can't become a DJ. I want to get my bachelors so that people will take me serious. How serious will they take me if I'm a high school dropout?"

"You don't need a job when ya man pays for everything. I gotchu for life, I promise."

"You promise?"

"Mmhmm. Now since you interrupted me yesterday while I was doing business, you have to fill that position."

"What position?"