Radiant (Vol I) - Chapter Forty

Chapter 40

"I love this look on you, Tammy. It's gorgeous." I almost choked, as Zuri spoke. Did she just call me Tammy? Was she now handing me nicknames, all of a sudden? It seemed so weird and uncomfortable to hear her call me that, that I unconsciously gave a small scowl.

Zuri's face tightened. "Don't tell me you hate it?"

What the hell was she even talking about? I couldn't even remember the conversation we had, because I was too busy being shocked, that she called me Tammy. "Huh?"

"The dress. Tamar. The one I made. It looks good on you. Jeez, where's your head been all these while?"

I looked back to the mirror in front of me, and let my gaze linger on the reflection of myself. The lacy red dress plunged low, showing a peek of my bosoms and clung to my slender figure, leaving out quite a slit that showed off my legs. My orange eyes were transfixed to my reflection and a small smile drew across my face. I actually looked really good, which was rare for me on a normal day. "Oh that. I love it too. The color really pops out well."

Looking content with her work, Zuri responded with a slow nod. "Now I'd help you fix up your hair and make up."

"I don't do make up."

Zuri's nose crinkled. "Why not? You'd have to look perfect, so it'd drive Levi crazy."

Eyes widened, my head immediately flew to the direction of her face. She chuckled. "Don't look so surprised. I know my brother very well and I have eyes. I also approve of you. He's better with you. He needs that. Just take care of him while you can."

"Levi and I are just frie-"

Zuri interjected. "I really need to get changed too. You were my last client for the day, so now I can wear my outfit the way I want. You can go now."

Sighing slightly, I took one last glance at my reflection. My nose was still as pointed and small, as it had always been. My cheekbones were high and my full lips looked chapped. I ought to, at least wear lip gloss to deal with that. Pulling my gaze away, I took a deep breath and led myself out.

.....
Walking hand in hand with my female buddies, we stood at the entrance of the hall and stared in awe. The decoration team really outdid themselves. Our usually plain hall, had transformed to a place that's perfect for a party. Now devoid of any seat, the large room was dimly lit, as streamers and balloons were scattered all over, giving the place quite a fun vibe.

Kel gushed. "This is lit. I'm so excited."

Oge chimed in. "And we look so damn perfect for this occasion. Thanks for the outfits, Zuri. You did good". We did look stunning in our outfits. Oge had chosen as red coloured dress, like mine, but was a one handed dress that gave her an unusual royal look. Kel was dressed in blue. She wanted nothing over the top. Only knee length and plain, but Zuri did a good job on the design, turning a simple blue dress into a lovely apparel I loved. Zuri, on the other hand, made her short black and white dress, as gorgeous as she wanted it to be.

Kel agreed. "Especially about this lovely noir gloves you made for me. That's very thoughtful of you. I'm surprised and impressed at the same time."

Zuri shrugged. "Since you have heightened senses, when it comes to touch, I figured it would make more sense to protect your hands, especially at a party, since there would be lots of touching. That would have been exhausting. So it's no big deal."

I pointed out. "It is. To us. The little things count to us."

Curling up her lips, Zuri said. "If that's the case, you're welcome then."

Feeling the urge to take a sip of water, I turned to them. "I'm going to get a drink or water. Who wants some?"

Oge and Kel said together. "I'm good", then smiled at each other, when they realize that they had spoken simultaneously.

Zuri spoke. "I'll have a gin and tonic", I sent my most puzzled looks and she shrugged. "What? Just cause I'm under aged, doesn't mean I can't have a good time"

I chuckled "I'm not bringing that for you." Zuri only rolled her eyes.

I headed to the mini bar and poured myself a glass of water. I turned my head swiftly, when I caught a whiff of a familiar scent.

Levi plopped himself in a seat, next to me and offered his sincerest smile. His gaze zeroed in on my face. "You look beautiful."

I let my eyes travel throughout his body and returned his smile. Damn, he looked so good in a tux. The suit snug nicely on his body and his hair was styled a lot differently to what I was used, but he still looked distractingly breathtaking in it. Unsurprisingly, he took things up a notch in his outfit by pairing a brown jacket with black trousers. It looked odd, but there was something appealing about the way he looked. "So do you."

His cheeks tinted, as he let out a hollow chuckle. "Never call a guy that. Ever."

I shrugged. "You really do look beautiful. Almost angelic."

His voice went low, and I couldn't help the sudden surge within my body, as he spoke. "I could kiss you right now. You know that."

I teased. Amusement sparkled in his eyes. "What's stopping you?"

It was almost like the universe could hear my words and an unfamiliar British voice rang in our direction. "Levi. I've been looking everywhere for you."

My eyes trailed to the person speaking, and couldn't help giving a small gasp. The man, clearly in his late fifties, stood in front of us, dressed in expensive Italian black suit and wore his aristocratic nature like a second skin. His tan skin shone, as facial hair covered his face, giving him a neatly trim greying beard. Dark orange eyes held ours sternly, as I watched the man step forward dangerously. I knew the man like the back of my hand, but never did I think I would get the chance to finally meet Vikram Caden.

Levi muttered. "Hey, dad."

.......
Vikram Caden is heeeere and ready to put our protagonists on the edge.
P.S Tamar's outfit for the party is at the top. I hope you love it too.
Xoxo
Jasmine