Defiant (Vol. II) - Chapter one

Chapter one

Levi turned his head to face us. His amber orange eyes darkened. Something definitely ticked in him. "We need to leave now."

Mubarak frowned. "We can't just leave just yet. Where would we go to? Back to the hotel that we came from?"

Levi raised his eyebrow "No no. Definitely not. The council wouldn't be keen on that."

Laurena grunted. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Levi sighed. "Let's hear what Eloise has to say. I'll put it on loud speaker."

We still had no idea what he meant, but we waited patiently when the phone rang twice. Then Eloise's voice rang up. "Why did it take you so long to answer? damn it. You know I'm not supposed to be talking to you."

She wasn't supposed to talk to him? What did she mean by that. Levi's voice still remained cold. "They took everyone. It's empty. What does the council want to do? Would they rescue them?"

"Rescue? The council doesn't want to be connected at all, with this. They already think that they're at the edge with the government, so they won't do anything to help. It's so fucked up. You guys need to lay low for a while."

We all exchanged both shocked and confused looks between each other, that moment. No one wants to rescue them? What the hell was going on? Are they really going to play politics with the lives of everyone that were taken?

Levi hung up, without replying. Then he said to us. "Do you understand now that we're all alone? We need each other."

Lyra asked. "Why aren't the enforcement agents back here? They should know that this is the first place we'd come to. It's common logic."

A girl sneered. "You're the clairvoyant. You should know." Lyra rolled her eyes. That girl was getting too rude. With her wavy long brown hair and her coral colored eyes which stilted at the sight of everyone, like blazing fire in a wispy wind. Without even knowing her, I could tell she was an Aliyah Supporter.

Levi growled. "We don't have time to figure out what they have in mind. We need to leave, before any one finds us."

T. J chimed in. "Let's take some food, and equipments with us. But we need to be fast. Our vehicle is low on energy. So are we."

The driver, who I realized was also the head of the tech domain, spoke out. "I'm going to hack into some transmissions, and keep my ears out, just in case we have unexpected visitors from the enforcers."

Red said "I'll go check the mechanics domain, if there's any renewable energy stored."

Levi ran his fingers desperately through his curls. "We'd do that, but we have to be quick. 5 mins tops."

We all nodded, and hurriedly began to fill up the van with our stuff. We packed up food and all our daily needs, including clothes and shoes or any other thing we would need to survive and reported back to a distressed Levi.

Juan hurriedly refilled the van with renewable energy that we were able to breathe from.

The guy, driving our van, called out. "We've got incoming."

T.j inquired. "What are you talking about, Tayo?"

The driver—Tayo—answered. "I've been listening to the coms, and I can hear that a dispatch team is two miles away from us. There's only one main road in this forest, so there's no way we won't run into them anytime we go out."

Levi cursed, and turned his head to all of us. "Everyone hold a gun."

Mubarak stuttered. "B-b-but I've never shot anyone before."

I said firmly. "Hold it tight. Aim for the legs, not the face or anywhere else "

Red looked at Levi. "Are we really going to do this? They already labelled us as terrorists."

Levi returned his look. "We don't have time to decide that. I need some one fast to take the wheel. Sorry, Tayo."

Tayo frowned. "I'm so not used to this. I'm a tech guy. This isn't my thing."

Laurena growled. "I drive for my own team, so this is nothing."

"Well get to it, they are getting so close." I yelled out.

Laurena jumped to the front seat, pushing Tayo out as fast as she could, and adjusted the clutch. "Hold on tight, everyone. It's going to get really bumpy soon."

Levi muttered, as Laurena drove the van. "God, I wish Wale was here. He'd have shot those damn tyres out with his arrows, and we'd be out of here in a second."

I squeezed his hand. "We'll be fine. So what's our game plan?"

Levi raised his voice to the others. "We need their van to pack the rest of our stuff. So we have one plan. Get them all out of the van, disable any tracker or communication, and take it with us."

Lyra gaped. "How do we get them out?"

Levi said solemnly. "Follow my lead. I need all the fight club members in front. The rest of you follow my lead carefully."

Laurena called out. "Hey."  We all turned our heads to her direction. "Hope you guys are ready, because they are up ahead."

****
Here's the first chapter of "Defiant".  Hope you're enjoying it so far. Any unexplained arc or complain should be sent directly to me.
Xoxo
Jasmine.