Defiant (Vol. II) - chapter ten

Chapter ten
Levi seemed to have a lot of closed doors meetings with Kiitan, within the two weeks we had spent here, and I couldn't stop noticing. In fact, I couldn't stop noticing the little things Levi did. How he laughed, the way he bopped his head, whenever there was music playing, or how lately, he had been more deep in thought than he had ever been. Usually I'd been finding myself a little distracted by what he did, and his newest mood seemed to concern me. I was trying my best to keep my distance, but it was mostly for me, and not for him. I wanted to stop falling for him by staying away, but I didn't think it helped. I guess I needed to find myself a little distraction to do so.

"Do you always stare at Levi that much? I would be concerned if someone did that to me." Kiitan's prying voice, made me startled.
I was relieved that Levi had left the place when he said it. It would have been so uncomfortable if he had heard.

I glared. "I'm not staring. Maybe glancing a little."

Kiitan cocked his head. "Boyfriend?"

I mumbled. "Ex."

Kiitan mused. "Couldn't have imagined, considering the way he looks at you."

My heart skipped a bit. Of course Levi still cared, but he wouldn't let me in, until he completely fixes his shit. "It's recent, but it's how it should be."

"So you're single now?" His sandstone eyes sparkled.

"I think I made that obvious."

His pearly-white teeth came into view. It actually made him more attractive seeing him smile. "Great. Go on a date with me."

I gawked. "On a date?"

His overconfidence seemed to give him a charming allure, that surprised me too. "Why not? I'm attracted to you and you're single. It's the correct combination."

"Well the last time we really spoke, you showed me how much of a douche you are, and that's over a week ago. Since then, we only greet each other and pass by. So I don't really think you'd have had the chance to feel attracted."

He leaned closer. I immediately pulled my eyes away from his. "After we spoke that time, I realized that I couldn't stop thinking about you. I find you intriguing."

"I find you repulsive." I didn't sound convinced by my own words, but his cocky attitude seemed to irk me.

His smile turned smug. "If you do, why aren't you looking at me?"

Oh shit. My head turned, and I fixed my eyes on his enchanting irises. "What do you think I'm doing now?"

"I think you're attracted to me, but I think you're either too stubborn or too ashamed to admit it. I can't figure out which one. Or both."

I found myself out of breath. No. There was no way I was attracted to someone like him. I already knew I had strong feelings for Levi, so there was no way I was falling for Kiitan too. Was there? "Go to hell."

He chuckled. My heart skipped a bit. Oh God, I truly was screwed. "I'll see you around, Tamar."

......
I couldn't believe Laurena was my last resort to talking to someone about feelings. I needed to talk to someone regardless, and Laurena seemed to be the only I could tell.

"Seriously? Kiitan? Why him?"

I pursed my lips. "I said that I'm not sure about it. Maybe it's my mind trying to conjure ways to stop thinking about Levi. It could be just an attraction."

"Or something more." Lyra quipped, from the far end, where I was sure she was deep in meditation of some sorts.

Laurena snorted. "This is insane. I thought Levi was your OTP."

Lyra asked. "OTP?"

Laurena rolled her eyes. "One True Pairing. Try to keep up with the twenty first century."

Lyra scoffed. "If that's what makes up the twenty first century, then I'd rather not be a part of it."

I groaned. "Okay stop, you two. Your argument isn't going to help me one bit."

Laurena frowned. "I honestly don't see what two leaders see in you. You're so plain."

Sighing slowly, I grumbled. "Can you not be a bitch for one minute?"

"I'll try my best."

"Thank you."

Laurena pointed out. "So what do you want to do? Turn off whatever you feel for Kiitan. We would leave soon, and whatever you feel would mean nothing. You won't be able to see him again."

I exclaimed. "Do you think I can turn it off? It's not a button. I still don't know what I feel, but I'm a hundred percent sure of what I feel for Levi."

"Your heart's a mess." Laurena turned to Lyra. "What do you see in this matter? Does your exception tell you anything?"

Lyra shook her head. "Even if I knew, I couldn't tell you. Can't change the order of things."

Laurena scoffed. "So what's the point of your gift, if you can't share it?"

Lyra spoke, in a hushed voice. "I still haven't figured it out yet. It's different, and when I tried to change things, someone died."

I stared at her. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Tears stung in her eyes, as she looked away. I inched close to her, softening my voice. "Lyra?"

Her mouth opened slightly, as she tried to force the words out. Uttering nothing, Laurena and I quietly sat still, awaiting what she wanted to say. A part of me worried what I would do with the information.

Lyra sobbed. "It's my fault Feyi died." I ran through my memories to remember that name, and shivers ran down my back instantly. It was the girl that killed herself, because of Odell.