Radiant (Vol. I) - Chapter Forty Six

Chapter 46

Kóre smirked. "I can't believe you're a rep now. Lady Luck's truly on your side."

"I'm not so sure about that. I really don't feel lucky right now. Their job's really hectic. I can't imagine how anyone can cope." I admitted my biggest fears. I didn't know how to let myself transition to being a representative.

Kel made a slow nod and absently said. "I always feel bad for Juan, whenever he gets caught up with work. He's always so darn busy."

Kóre's eyebrow raised. "Why are you talking about Juan?"

Kel's eyes popped open. She accidentally slipped the truth. "I-ehm. You must have misheard."

Kóre scoffed. "I'll be damned. You're totally dating him." He turned to me. "Why don't you look surprised at all." Then he narrowed his eyes when I said nothing. "You knew, didn't you? Well done, you two. Enjoy your secrets together, why don't you?"

I pointed out. "It's not my secret to tell."

Kóre shrugged. "That's kind of true. It's not that I care about everyone's dating life. You're free to be with anyone you want. I just hate being left out."

Kel sighed in relief. "Thanks for not being upset. I just wanted to keep it a secret. I hate being the centre of attention. It's uncomfortable."

Kóre questioned. "Does Oge know too? I bet she doesn't. Are you going to tell her, or let her find out like I did?"

Kel shook her head. "I'll tell her, but I think she's too busy to care. She's really putting everything she's got, into her work."

I sighed. "With Taye's death and realizing that T.J doesn't like her, she's been facing what matters the most to her."

Kóre's nose scrunched up. "Wait. T. J doesn't what? Okay. Okay. Everyone's keeping secrets from me. Bravo. I'm going to go hang out with my other friends. I need a space where no one's gonna lie to me."

I nudged him. "Don't be a jackass. You've kept plenty secrets from us, haven't you?"

Kel added. "We know nothing about your dating life. You owe us that."

Kóre shrugged. "Nothing really. I'm just waiting for the perfect girl for me."

I cooed. "Awwwn. That's so sweet and impossibly unbelievable."

Kel joined in. "It's also non existent. There's no such thing as a perfect girl."

Kóre grumbled. "Let's just listen to Tamar's stories on what happened on the council meeting."

I chuckled, then answered. "We have an international Radiant Nigeria meeting next week. It would be happening in Abuja, and I'm super psyched. I've never been there before."

Kel asked. "How many people are going?"

"The heads of all domains. All council members, and the leader. That's all. I actually wanted to meet other people from the other strikers unit, and I'd get the chance to do so."

Kóre said. "The other strikers unit is run by a girl around our age. She's nice. She has come here twice on different occasions. Her name's Eloise."

I nodded, then continued. "The meetings run too long, and we talked about different issues here. They even worry about having a mole in our midst. I highly doubt that. It's crazy talk."

Kel's lips turned down. "That's so messed up. Any suspects?"

I shrugged. "We never had the chance to talk about it. I shot down the possibility. There are many other ways the GCR had found their information. I was sure of that."

Kel shivered. "The thought of a mole in our midst is pretty chilling."

Kóre rolled his eyes. "The only chilling thing I need right now is a bottle of cold beer."

My lips turned up. "I need to go check up on Oge. It feels like I haven't seen her in ages."

Kel frowned. "Trust me. I've tried. She's super busy."

"I'll be the judge of that. See you two later."

....
Kel was right. The number of people in the clinic was enough to chase anyone from coming in. I had to wait for almost an hour, before I could catch a chance to talk to Oge. Since she was now on the break, we both took our meals and headed back to the clinic to talk. Though, I adored my moments with Kel and Kóre, Oge was the one I was most closest to. She was my first friend here, and it concerned me to see her so intense like this.

"It's great to finally catch up with you. I feel like it's getting harder and harder to see you."

Oge pouted. "I'm sorry. It's just so busy around here. Maybe I'd be free, from next week."

"I hope it isn't because of what's been going on lately."

"Trust me. It isn't. I just learned to put my priorities in check, and I'm enjoying doing this."

I looked at her carefully. She was dressed in her usual white lab coat, and her hair was pulled into a low ponytail. Her eyes sparkled as she spoke, and somehow it sincerely seemed like she was truly happy. "As long as you're fine, then so am I."

"Enough about me, how are you, miss. African Representative of the Strikers Unit?"

I blushed. "Please don't remind me. I'm trying hard to forget my new post."

Oge teased. "Prepare to taunted by me, for years to come."

"You are insane. I'm still trying to get a hang of it."

Oge asked, all of a sudden "How's Levi? He just seemed off today. I thought you might know."

"I haven't seen him since the council meeting. He seemed fine then. I'm sure he's got something on his mind."

"He always has something on his mind. That poor guy."

"You make it sound so tragic."

Oge shrugged. "I'm just saying. My lunch break's almost over. We'll see in six hours hopefully. Try not to miss me."

I grinned "I should be saying the same." I waved at her, and headed back to my room. I felt really sleepy. Today was much more tiring than I thought it would be.