II | Eons Of History

II

E o n s O f H i s t o r y

_\\\\_

Matsuyuki Mashiro's p. o. v

It's been a few months since our encounter with the unique demon, Nezuko, and her older brother, whose name I never caught in the end. But I hope that boy can keep up with Urokodaki-san's training, and also that Nezuko was kept safe and hasn't feasted upon humans yet. If she did then that would be a shame.

She would've been a sign that mysteries were about to unravel themselves to us, I sighed, Kanae would've hoped for the same.

I was at my assigned region, just staring out the sky, watching the sun rise from the edges of the land. It was calming yet nerve-wrecking.

"Another night has passed by when countless of humans have been devoured upon..." i furrowed my brows. Then I heard the familiar caw of my crow.

"Matsuyuki Mashiro! A request to meet Oyakata-sama! A request to meet Oyakata-sama! Please meet him before the sun has fully risen!" The crow landed on my forearm as I stroked it's feathers. I nodded in response to his message as I let him fly away.

I was already wearing my uniform and hair so I ran out of my place ready to go. It took a while but I finally arrived. I knocked on the door before announcing my presence to him.

"Matsuyuki Mashiro at your presence, Oyakata-sama." Then I received permission to come inside, closing the door behind me. I knelt on the floor and lowered my head to bow to him.

He patted the space next to him, "Have a seat next to me, Mashiro."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, very much."

I did as told and sat beside him, sitting on my legs, in a formal position. I waited for him to begin talking.

"I have a mission for you, dear Mashiro." He uttered softly, calming my heart down as usual.

"Yes, Oyakata-sama. I'll take on any mission given from you."

"Aren't you going to question why your crow should've given it to you in place of me?"

I shook my head, "I wondered that, but I figured you will explain everything."