XVIII | Blooming Infiltration

XVIII

B l o o m i n g I n f i l t r a t i o n

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

"We'll go in Aoi-san's stead!"

Tanjiro declared to Uzui as Zenitsu and Inosuke appeared at both sides of the Sound Hashira.

"I just came back from a mission but I have some strength left, I can go!" Inosuke added.

"L-l-l-let go of Aoi-chan! Even if you're some kind of muscle monster, y-y-you're not t-t-taking a single step!" Zenitsu trembled as he did his best to act tough.

Uzui glanced at each side before agreeing with Tanjiro's offer,

"Oh okay, I'll just have you guys come with me." The Sound Hashira said with a relaxed tone, not caring much either.

He's clearly not putting up a fight... Tanjiro stared blankly.

"But don't you dare defy me punks!" Uzui's expression changed as he slapped Aoi's butt.

"Staaareee~..." A familiar snow haired woman hummed as she stared at the situation with a hint of disappointment towards Uzui in particular.

Everyone in the area turned when they heard her hum and immediately brightened up at the sight of having another superior with them who was most likely on their side rather than Uzui's.

"Mashiro!" Tanjiro brightened up with a slight blush.

Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi teared up with a pout and an obvious glint of relief in their eyes as they stared at their master's best friend and comrade.

Kanao held a flustered expression upon her face, her mind all over the place since she handled a situation in which she disobeyed a superior and refused orders, most importantly not deciding by the coin her older adoptive sister gave her. The Tsuguko stared at Mashiro with hope in her eyes. Out of everyone she met, she felt the most similar to the Snow Hashira in terms of life experiences and character development in which made them the person they are that moment. The similarity between them in terms of personality, and the differences of their strength and resolve made Kanao realise that she could aim to be someone so admirable and dependable as Mashiro. Her masters, Shinobu and Kanae, considered Mashiro so close to be a sister to them, so Kanao thought that maybe she could develop that type of bond as well and also learn under Mashiro's inspiring ways.