IV | Dystopian Bells

IV

D y s t o p i a n B e l l s

_\\\\_

Matsuyuki Mashiro's p. o. v

Tanjiro was surprised to see me with demons, much less, acquainted with them. He knew I was part of the Demon Killing Corps but he told me that he was relieved as well because he wasn't the only one talking and allying with demons.

"However, this would go against the organisation, so I advise you not to tell anyone. It might cause an uproar..." I told him, he nodded, grinning brightly as Nezuko hugged me once more, nuzzling into my kimono.

"Ah, Nezuko! I'm sorry! She does this to people who she thinks are her family..." Tanjiro scratched the back of his head, chuckling nervously.

"It's quite fine..." I cuddled Nezuko back, rubbing my cheek against the crook of her neck, "I love her hugs... They're warm..."

Tanjiro blinked his eyes and smiled softly at us, "I guess it's alright then." As we continued to hug, Tanjiro asked me, "But Mashiro, how do you know them?"

I narrowed my eyes slightly, "Personal reasons, Tanjiro..." I glanced at him, "... Personal reasons..."

~ • ~

After Tanjiro and Nezuko left, I decided to chat with Tamayo about what I had gathered for the past few months.

"What did you find?"

"Many terrible things, Tamayo-san... One massacre after another."

"I see... What else?"

"..."

Tamayo dipped her head down, "I see..."

I nodded as I felt around my mask on my face, "This mask serves no more purpose. It has done quite well hiding my identity."

"It's too soon to reveal anything yet."

"I know. I'll have to talk to him about it..."

She agreed, "Until then, don't let anyone else see your face. There's no need for this matter to gain any attention yet..."