VII | Untold Blossoms

VII

U n t o l d B l o s s o m s

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

"I'm late..."

~ • ~

Shinobu gave Tanjiro water so that he could speak properly, to which he took huge gulps of the bottle Shinobu had. Some even spilled down his chin, showing his desperation to explain to the Hashiras about the situation he was in.

"You've injured your jaw, so please drink slowly." Shinobu informed him, "It contains a painkiller so it will make you feel better." Tanjiro stopped drinking, "It's not as if your wounds have healed, so you mustn't push yourself too much. Now then, Kamado Tanjiro..."

Tanjiro took a breath and looked directly at Shinobu, "That demon is my sister. While I was away, my family got attacked by a demon, and when I got home, they were all dead!"

"My sister got turned into a demon, but she's never devoured anyone! She never has... and never will! She'll never hurt humans no matter what!"

"Spare us your absurd ravings." Iguro Obanai interrupted, "If she's family, no wonder you're defending her. I can't trust a single word you're saying. I, for one, don't believe you."

"She's been possessed by a demon. Let us kill this poor child immediately so that she can be liberated!" Himejima Gyomei cried.

"Please listen to me! I became a swordsman so that Nezuko can be cured! It's been two years since Nezuko became a demon! And in that time, she hasn't devoured a single human!" Tanjiro pressed on.

"Your story's spinning in the most drab way, idiot. The fact she hasn't eaten anyone, that she won't from now on. Don't give us lip service. Prove it to us with max flamboyance!" Uzui Tengen said.

Tokito Muichiro stared up at the sky, "What's that bird again?"

"Excuse me..." Kanroji Mitsuri disrupted, "I do have my own doubts, you know... I just can't imagine Oyakata-sama being in the dark of this situation." Uzui and Rengoku Kyojuro glanced at her, "Do you think it's okay to deal with him without permission? Shouldn't we at least wait until he arrives?" She questioned.