XVII | Truest Kin

XVII

T r u e s t K i n

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

"The fuck are you doing?"

"..."

Sanemi stared at Mashiro as she was carrying a big pot for an old lady who strolled beside her. Mashiro, her bare face exposed, stared at her fellow ranked comrade with a deadpan gaze.

"... What else do you think?..." The snow haired woman murmured softly as she blinked, her expression unable to change, "... I'm helping out..."

"I can see that, dumbass!" Sanemi spat at her.

Then his gaze suddenly focused on the girl's mesmerising gold hues as he found himself unable to tear away his gaze. His cheeks reddened as he realised that he was caught by none other than the owner of the topez eyes. He sighed as he walked over, taking the pot from Mashiro's shoulders and placing it upon his own. He barely spared her a glance as he began to walk,

"Even if you're better now, jobs like this shouldn't be the first thing you should do..." Sanemi muttered before walking already a few feet away, leaving Mashiro to stare silently at his disappearing figure.

"... Compared to killing demons, a job like that is effortless..." Mashiro stated to herself, then smiled softly, "... It just proves he still cares..." Then she glanced down to her side to see the old lady still stood beside her, watching her friend carry her pot away.

Mashiro shrugged,

"Oh well... He'll come back soon..."

~ • ~

"The fuck are you doing?"

"..." Mashiro stayed silent with a blank expression on her face although it was behind her mask as she sat down close to the Wind Hashira. Not a sound came from her as she continued to stay beside the scarred faced Hashira.

A few veins were showing as Sanemi brought his face close to the Snow Hashira. A fist lifted in front of her as he twitched a smile.