XIII | Dull Crickets

XIII

D u l l C r i c k e t s

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

Mashiro watched the birds dancing around each other in the sky as clouds pass by. Then heard a voice.

"Please train me!" Hiroto's voice filled her ears, disrupting the singing of the creatures of the sky.

"..." Mashiro straight out ignored him as she was sprawled out on the grass of her garden.

"Matsuyuki-san?..." Hiroto called to her, brows furrowed.

Mashiro continued to ignore him as she focused on the sounds of the animals around her.

"Please, train me?" Hiroto asked but silence was his response again. He pressed his lips into a thin line, creasing his brows, "Matsuyuki-san! I want to do something good, I want to do something to help everyone- to help you! I know you may not need help but I need to payback your kindness! And I want to repay you by becoming a Demon Slayer just like you and stay by your side!" Hiroto's ears flushed as he explained everything his heart told him to say towards Mashiro.

He glanced at her again to find her definitely asleep. Breathing softly and steadily, as if no care was put towards the world. Hiroto huffed as he began to feel slightly frustrated with Mashiro's attitude towards him. He was finally able to get Mashiro to talk to him but then she's ignoring his existence again! But he couldn't do anything about it- not even bothering her was an option since he doesn't want her to do anything else that'll make him feel bad.

He sighed as he walked away from her lying figure.

Another failed attempt... He sulked as he began to make the Mizunotos' dinner once more. It was one of the things he could do to help around rather than staying in a stranger's house uninvited and not help at all, all that would come under the category as rude. At least that's what he thought...

When she heard his footsteps growing quieter, she opened her eyes again. She peered to the way in which Hiroto walked away, judging from the sound. She hummed.

"Anger, frustration, guilt- emotions won't take you far alone."

~ • ~