V | Marbles Of Sympathy

V

M a r b l e s O f S y m p a t h y

_\\\\_

Matsuyuki Mashiro's p. o. v

The day came when Tanjiro and his group were fully healed and fit to leave the premises. I have only been seeing Tanjiro and Nezuko throughout their stay and haven't formally met Tanjiro's friends, Zenitsu and Inosuke. Though every time us two would meet, he would tell me all about what he currently knows about them, and would also include some stories of himself as well.

In turn, I've been telling him funny stories of my time as demon slayer. Also telling him more about myself... We both seem different but were similar in many aspects. We shared our laughs, guilt, and anger as we both talked about history. I was sure the bond between us became stronger. Although sometimes, he would stare at me in a daze whenever I blabbered upon my work stories. I think he was just very interested!

On the way out, I officially met Zenitsu and Inosuke. Zenitsu was very cautious of me and continued calling me a ghost because of my mask and the fact that I told him that I wouldn't take it off. Inosuke was... You could say, very unique. He told me all kinds of things, from telling me that I copied him because of the masks, to telling me that he was stronger than me and declared me as weak because of my small form, and to telling me that I might actually be 'on par' with him since we're kind of the same person because of the mask!

I wanted to laugh but I wanted to slap both at the same time...

I noticed during the whole time that Tanjiro kept glancing at my hands with a longing gaze.

I already said goodbye to Nezuko earlier, even though she refused to let me go and had to have Tanjiro rip her off of me.

That's right. I'm not coming with them. Despite saying goodbye to them, I still held that same bad feeling when I came to Tamayo and Yushiro's house. So I decided to follow them later. I only decided to stay as I thought a last check-up with a doctor to provide me my current update on my health might give me an idea about my wounds and how I might be able to counteract with the pain when I fight... Also to send a letter to Oyakata-sama of my early arrival.

After a quick but hilarious goodbye to the trio, I went back inside with the caretaker lady.

"What are you going to do now, if I may ask, Hashira-sama?"