VI | Priceless Glass

VI

P r i c e l e s s G l a s s

_\\\\_

Matsuyuki Mashiro's p. o. v

I neared as I saw Tanjiro collapsed on the floor along with Nezuko. A demon child approaching them...

I blew through my mouth, ... Tanjiro did a good job... I unsheathed my sword. Snowflakes fluttered around my sword.

I protected Tanjiro from the incoming attacks of the demon child. I sliced through his threads and knelt down to Tanjiro, patting his head and caressing his wounded face. Giyū came into the scene after me and faced the demon.

"You did a good job holding out..." Giyū told Tanjiro, "Leave it to me." He glanced at me, probably thinking I was just a worried friend of his. Well I am but he probably thinks I am of no importance...

He must be stupid if he didn't recognise me... My eyes twitched behind the mask.

"You're like an endless stream... of lowlifes always getting in my way!" The demon spat in annoyance.

Tanjiro glanced up to me, "Ma... shiro." I stopped my actions.

"You did well, Tanjiro... Rest now."

"Blood Demon Art..." Threads of his blood surrounded him, "Cutting Thread Rotation!" He sent a hoard of threads towards our direction.

"Total Concentration... Breath of Water... Eleventh Form... Dead Calm."

Giyū's eleventh form prevented the threads going past him. I sheathed my sword and carried Tanjiro to his sister, and continued to pat his head.

"There's no need to worry... Giyū's capable of killing him off." I told him softly, then looked up at the sky, "So many deaths the moon has witnessed tonight..."

"Mashiro?"