Chapter Two

I bury my face in my hands again and give up all hope. I cry. After a few seconds I hear yelling from inside the house. I sit up to listen.

"You want a random girl from the streets to come and live with us?" A woman's voice screams

"Why? Just for one night! She can have Sarah's room!" A boys voice yells. I assume it was the boy who I saw.

The house went silent. The tones dropped to normal and I couldn't understand what they were saying anymore. I smiled a little knowing that the guy thought about me. When I was younger I thought boys were cute. Then I got a little older and thought they were complete jerks. Which isn't completely false. But, this guy seemed nicer, and even different. After another minute the door opens. I turn around and see the boy.

"Do you need a place to stay?" He asks

I shake my head, no, in response. The storm rolls closer and gets louder.

"You sure?" He asks while looking out into the sky.

I sigh and stand up grabbing the hand he put out to help me up. His hand is warm. It feels amazing because I am almost completely frozen because of the icy rain. I step into his heated house and smile.

"Thanks" I say

"Anytime" He says. There is an awkward silence.

"Oh! I'm Cameron. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"I'm Maddie" I smile.

He looks at my dress. "I'll get you clothes that were my sisters."

"Where is she? I mean... will she care?" I say stuttering a bit.

"She... she uhm... she's in college. Yeah. She won't mind. Don't worry." He says while running upstairs to get some clothes.

"Hello" A woman's voice says from behind me. "I'm the mom. Call me Gina. Nice to meet you... umm.."

"Maddie" I answer.

"Well nice to meet you Maddie." She smiles. "Well Cameron is getting you clothes and once you change, I have dinner on the table."

"Thank you... For everything Gina" I smile.

A minute later Cameron comes downstairs with Yoga Leggings, a bright pink t-shirt, and fuzzy socks.

"We'll wash your dress and shoes for you. You can take a shower and get fresh for dinner." He says

"Thanks." I say quietly and run upstairs. I take a long hot shower, my first in 3 years. I get dressed in the clothes that fit perfectly. I run downstairs. I sit down at the long, grand dinner table. It is almost empty though. Only me, Cameron, and Gina sit at the table. I eat a meal of Steak, Mashed Potatoes, gravy, and green beans. It's the best thing I've ever eaten.

Once dinner was over I went to the kitchen to help Gina clean up.

"Dinner was amazing. Thank you." I tell Gina

"No problem Sweetheart!" She responds. "Now go to bed. You need a good nights sleep. Cameron will show you your room."

"Follow me." He says. So I do. He leads me up stairs and into a light purple room. The bedspread is black and white chevron and it matches everything else in the room. The left of the bed there is a walk in closet and cabinets. To the left is a bathroom that is perfectly organized. "This is your room." He says looking around. He looks sad. Almost like he was going to cry.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Yeah... I uh just miss my sister... cause she's in college." He says quickly and scratches the back of his head.

"Well goodnight..." I say

"Goodnight" he says as he walks out.

"Wait!" I say as he's about to close the door. He looks at me eagerly. "Thank you" I nod

A/N: First of all, I just want you to know, I know that Cam isn't 17, and I know that he doesn't really have a sister named Sarah. I'm making a lot of this story up so please don't call me out or tell me that his real sister is named Sierra. Or that he really lives in Chino Hills California. Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the story!