Chapter Twelve

When we get home we are greeted by a smiling Gina.

"Hi guys!" She says. She holds a case in her hand that has the words "iPhone 5S" and a silver bitten apple on it. I recognize the logo. I've seen many glass stores, with the silver sign, filled with electronics while I was walking.

"This is for you honey." Gina hands the phone to me. It's much lighter than I expected. "It's so you can get in touch with us if you need. She nods at Cameron.

"Cam will help you set it up" She smiles.

Cameron signals me to follow him and we take a seat on the couch in the living room, a room that I haven't been in. It's walls are beige and the couches are white with light brown pillows. There are some pictures hanging on the walls of Cameron and Sarah. There is a light brown coffee table in the middle of the couches. A flat screen TV hangs above the fireplace. Windows on the side walls let a small amount of light show in. I realize that I haven't been in many parts of the huge house.

Cameron explains all the apps to me and puts him and Gina into my contacts. Gina comes into the living room.

"Okay, I'm going to take you shopping tomorrow for your own clothes. Sarah's are just not working for you. When I see you in them I just think of her." She sighs.

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry. You don't need to take me shopping." I say.

"What are you going to wear?" She asks.

I bite my lip. "That's what I thought." She says and smiles. "How about you get some rest and then in the morning we can go to the mall." I nod in reply and head upstairs.

I sit in my room and figure out my phone, downloading a few of the most popular apps in the App Store. Finally, after hours of playing with the device, I fall asleep.

• • •

I'm woken up in the morning by the sun shining in the windows. I look at my phone to check the time and not expecting to see anything else. However, I see a notification from Candy Crush and a text from Cameron telling me to meet him downstairs when I was ready to go shopping.

I put my hair in a messy bun, apply mascara, and put on a tight pair of navy blue Hollister sweats, a grey sweatshirt, a navy blue infinity scarf, and grey Uggs.

I run downstairs after grabbing my phone and throwing it into a small purse. I see Cameron and Gina. Gina holds a purse and her car keys.

"Are you hungry?" She asks.

"Um, sure" I reply. Cameron hands me an energy bar and a mini bottle of Sunny-D.

"Thanks" I smile. He smiles back.

Gina stares at us for a moment. "Should we go?"

We follow her into the garage and get in the car. Cameron sits next to me in the second row of the Lexus.

After 15 minutes of driving we finally arrive at the mall. Gina drops us off at the door.

"I'll let you two walk around for a while. Here is my credit card" She says as she hands the card to Cameron. "Buy what you want. Call me if you need me" She smiles and pulls away.

"Wow. You really don't need to do this." I say.

"It's fine. Now let's find you some clothes." He says.

"Do you even know where to shop?" I laugh.

"Of Course" He laughs along. "I-I have a sister you know." He says more quietly.

"Oh yeah."

We walk into the mall and he decides to bring me into Abercrombie and Fitch.

I pick out tons of clothes, occasionally hesitating because of how expensive they are, but Cameron tells me to get anything I want.

Finally, At Abercrombie I got a few t-shirts, three pairs of jeans, a few tanks, cardigans, and bikinis. Cameron bought a t-shirt and jeans.

When we walk to the next store I spot Taylor. I nudge Cameron and point.

"Don't look at her." He says. "Maybe she won't notice us."

But Cameron spoke too soon. Taylor eyes me for a while then smirks at us. She catches up to us on the escalator.

"Hi guys!" She says. She is followed by two of her friends. They eye Cameron in admiration.

"Please leave us alone" Cameron asks calmly.

Taylor taps her finger on his arm. "Oh Cameron. We're best friends though." She sighs dramatically.

We step off the escalator but she and her friends continue following us.

"Didn't you hear what he said?" I say.

"Oh, look at you." She gasps. "Are you his girlfriend or something? Sticking up for him like that." I shake my head slowly.

"Okay, I guess you want to be left alone." She says in a girly voice.

"Good guess." Cameron mutters.

"What?!" Taylor asks, playing dumb.

"Nothing." He says, annoyed moving the other way from the girls.

"Bye Cammy!" She chirps as her friends turn around and wave in sync.

"Oh, and don't forget." She says. "I know everything about you." She grins.

I turn to Cameron "Just ignore her" He nods.

We decide to move on and almost stop at every store Cameron tells me to or any that look interesting to me. By the end, I have large bags from American Eagle, Hollister, Pac-Sun, Forever 21, Delias, Love Culture, Charlotte Russe, Aeropostale, Wet Seal, and Pink, which I forced him into. I bought way more than I expected but Cameron reassured me that it was fine.

After hours of shopping we sat down at Panda Express. We ate our food until Gina calls to tell us she's here to pick us up.