Chapter Fourteen

I wake up in Cameron's room next to him. He is already up and on his phone.

"Hi" I smile at him.

"Morning" He smiles back.

"Wanna go and get breakfast somewhere?" He asks

"Sure." I respond, sort of taken aback by the random question.

"Okay, go get ready."

I run to my room and put on some makeup, straighten my hair, and put on coral skinny jeans, a dark creme knit sweater, and a dark beige scarf. I grab my phone and run downstairs. I look at the time. I didn't even realize it was already 11:00.

"Hey" Cameron says when he sees me. He's wearing a black t shirt with "Abercrombie" written in white and sweats.

I smile back at him.

He jingles his keys as a signal that he's ready to leave. I follow him to the car.

He opens the car door for me. "Why thank you!" I say and laugh.

"No problem Ma'am." He says and bows before entering in his door.

We get to I Hop and sit down at the table. A girl our age comes to wait on us. She smiles at Cameron.

"Hey, I'm your waitress Mandi. How can I help you?" She giggles.

"Um we'll have two orange juices." He orders.

"Okay!" She says cheerfully and winks before walking away.

"Wow." I say to Cameron when she's gone.

"I think she goes to our school" Cameron says holding in his laugh.

"Oh, that makes sense."

"What?" He asks.

"Well, everyone at our school is like, in love with you."

"Really?" He asks and actually
seems surprised.

"Mhm." I say quickly and skin the menu. "Well, at least from what I heard"

"Even you?" He asks.

I turn bright red and just laugh at him. I don't know what to say. I try my best to shake my head no at him but for some reason I can't.

"Kidding" He says and I let out a breath of air knowing that he wasn't waiting for me to respond.

The waitress walks back with two orange juices. She sets one down in front of me.

"Thank you" I say.

She nods carelessly and starts to hand hers to Cameron. She tips it over and spills juice all over him, obviously on purpose.

"I'm so sorry!" She giggles. "Oh! I have napkins to clean it up!" She says pulling out napkins. She starts rubbing the napkins on his pants and giggles.

My eyes widen at the sight. She is so desperate for Cameron. Please, everyone at our school is.

"Okay!" He says in an annoyed tone while standing up and pushing her away. I can't help but feel pleased that he did that. "Thanks anyway but we'll be leaving now." He says and grabs my hand. He pulls me out of the restaurant.

"I told you" I say as we get out of the restaurant. I bite my lip to keep from laughing.

He rolls his eyes. "Wanna go somewhere else?" He asks.

I look at his pants. "You wanna go out looking like you peed yourself?" I ask laughing.

"I guess not." He says laughing. "I guess we'll go home."

• • •

"I guess I'm making food" He says when we get home.

"It's more like lunchtime." I say looking at the time, 12:30.

"Yeah, I guess your right." He says and starts going through the cabinets to look for something to cook.

He pulls out a box of pasta, some tomatoes, fresh meat, and spices.

"Okay. Let's make some homemade pasta and meat sauce." He says while clapping his hands together.

By the time we finally give up and use spaghetti sauce from the jar, It's already 4:30.

We bring our plates to the dinner table and leave the rest in the fridge for Gina.

Cameron and I have small conversations the rest of the night. We watch the Hunger Games, a movie sort of similar to Divergent, then I go to my room and fall asleep.

A/N: Hi guys! Merry late Christmas or happy holidays to anyone who celebrates anything different. I hope you like the story so far. I just wanted to tell you that this chapter is sort of a filler, that's why it's really slow. But I promise that in upcoming chapters things will get better!:)