Chapter Nineteen

I wake up Friday morning and decide to wear something sort of nice. I choose a floral high waisted skirt and a black long sleeve shirt. I pair it with black pumps.

I go downstairs and I'm surprised to see Cameron. I thought he had football.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I decided to stay with you today." He smiles. He hands me a plate off eggs and bacon.

"I made it myself" He smiles.

I nod and laugh a bit.

"And I hate cooking, I'm horrible" He adds.

"So, should I eat this?" I laugh.

"It should be fine." He laughs along. He takes a bite out of bacon and nods. "I think it's fine"

I giggle and take a forkful of eggs. It actually is really good.

When we're done eating, we get in his car and head to school.

We separate and I go to my first class. To my surprise, Claire sits next to me.

"I'll explain later" She whispers before class starts.

I swear that at that moment, nothing can wipe the smile off of my face. I don't feel alone anymore.

We sit together during all our classes, hardly talking, but I don't mind. I know she's not mad at me anymore and I'm so happy.

We go to lunch and sit together. "Okay now let me explain" she says after swallowing a huge bite of her hamburger.

I nod waiting anxiously as she slowly takes another bite.

"Well, I thought about everything that happened, and I realize I have no right to be mad at you. If anyone should be mad, you should. I completely over reacted. I imagined if I had a secret like that and realized that I wouldn't really... well want to tell anyone either. Even if it was my best friend."

I smile and hug her. I'm glad we can be friends again.

I begin eating my hamburger while Claire almost finishes hers.

When Claire goes to throw her plate away, Lucas comes behind me.

"You haven't been on the bus in a while" He smiles at me.

"I uh, I, Cameron's been home." I stutter because of how attractive he is.

"Oh, well are we still on for our date tonight?"

I completely forgot about that. I thought he wouldn't even want to go after what I said, I thought he's judge me like everyone else.

"Um, Yeah sure." I smile nervously.

"You don't sound so sure" He winks.

"I-" I start but I'm cut off by a giggly voice.

"Lukie!" Taylor yells to Lucas.

"Tay, uh, this is-"

"Maddie" She says in a harsh tone rolling her eyes.

"I forgot you knew each other..." He says

"I wish I didn't" She smirks at me.

I roll my eyes at her. "I'm sure" I change my expression to a smile towards Lucas. He smiles back while Taylor glares at us.

"Well, see you tonight?" Lucas asks.

I nod. "See you tonight"

He walks away smiling with Taylor who still has a dirty look plastered on her face.

I decide to ignore it. Claire comes back and we decide to go to our lockers.

"What was that about?" She asks as were on our way.

"Uh, well I have a date with him tonight." I say quietly.

"A date!?" She exclaims.

"Shh!" I scold her.

"Sorry." She giggles.

"Well yeah, I do, but I think Taylor has a thing for him now."

"Oh." She says quietly.

We arrive at our next class and the conversation is over. The rest of the school day flies by, and before I know it, I'm being driven home by Cameron.

"So, what do you plan on doing tonight?" Cameron asks as we near the house.

"Well, I have a date."

"A date?" He asks, his eyes widening.

I nod.

"With who?" He asks.

"Lucas."

"That guy from the bus?"

"Yeah" I respond. I'm wondering why he's acting so weird.

"Where is it?"

"Not sure"

"Your going on a date with some guy and you don't even know where your going?!" He asks.

"Why are you acting so weird?"

"I'm not!" He yells.

"What's wrong with me going on a date?"

"I just don't like that guy." He sighs.

He pulls up into the driveway.

"Well you better go get ready."

I get out of the car and slam the door.