Chapter Eleven

After we got off the Ferris wheel we just walked all the way to the end of the pier silently. When we got to the end there was the perfect fall sunset, and all we did was stare at it.

When we get to the water taxi, Cameron finally breaks the silence.

"Today was an amazing day." Is all he says.

I nod. "It really was. Thank you so much." We stare at the starry sky the rest of the way home, only exchanging a few words.

When we get home we both go to our rooms. I go to my room and listen to music on a radio I found packed up in a box. I fell asleep listening.

• • •

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" My alarm sounds. I look at my clock. 6:00am. Gina must've set it again and turned off the radio. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. I realize that I have school again and decide to get out of bed and take a shower. When I get out I brush my teeth and my hair, leaving it to dry. I put on a minimal amount of makeup and go to look for an outfit.

I choose coral skinny jeans, a flowing tribal print t-shirt, and black heels. I slip on a few bracelets and grab my bag. I run downstairs and sit at the empty table.

Gina brings me breakfast soon after. "Where's Cameron?" I ask.

"Oh, he had early football practice today."

I nod. "But how will I get to school?"

She laughs. "You can take the bus"

I nod and eat my eggs quickly.

I say bye after clearing my plate and go outside. I wait at the corner for the bus to come along with a few freshmen and a senior with her headphones plugged in.

The bus finally reaches the corner with a skidding stop. I step on and see almost every seat is full. I sit down in the first empty seat I find. I sit next to a guy that looks about the same age as me. He looks over at me and smiles.

"Hey, I'm Lucas" He has golden hair that is sort of teased and messy. He has sparkling blue eyes that gleam when the sun catches them.

"Maddie" I respond.

"Well Maddie, are you new?" He asks.

I nod and look around a bit. Lucas studies me.

"Oh!" He says. "Are you that girl?"

"What?" I ask.

"The one that punched Taylor." He says.

"Why does it matter?" I roll my eyes.

"Cause I think it's really cool"

I smile. "Thanks" I say, staring out the window and biting my lip.

Soon enough our bus pulls up to the school. We get up and walk to our classes together. It turns out he is also a Junior and his first class is right next to mine. We say bye and walk into our classes.

I sit down next to Claire and the lesson starts right away. The rest of the day drags on until it's finally over.

I go outside to meet Cameron at his car. I say bye to Lucas on the way. Cameron sits in his car waiting.

"How was school?" He asks while beginning to drive.

"Good." I say casually like I get the question every day.

"Good!" He smiles. "Oh yeah, uh, sorry about earlier. I forgot to tell you I had practice."

"It's okay. I met someone on the bus." I smile.

"Who?" He asks.

"Lucas, but I don't know his last name." I say.

"Oh, I think I know who your talking about."

"Of course Mr. Most Popular Guy in school" I joke.

"Who told you that?" He laughs, surprised.

"Everyone!" I say.

I realize that he pulls up by a small restaurant called Panera Bread. I recognized the sign because the restaurant is almost on every street corner.

"Come on" He says and opens my door.

"You don't have to do this" I say

"I do, It's friday and I feel bad about this morning."

I get out of the car. "It's okay!" I exclaim following him into the restaurant.

I order Broccoli Cheddar Soup and iced tea while Cameron orders a Turkey sandwich and a Coke. We sit down with our food and talk the whole time.

A/N: Sorry it's a pretty slow chapter but I promise it wi get better! Hope you like the story:)