Chapter Ten

Once we leave, Cameron takes my hand and leads me towards the river. We take a long path of steps to a platform where a boat is parked. The white boat holds many passengers and has "Chicago Water Taxi" Written on the side in blue. He leads me into the boat and we take a seat right before the engine starts.

I look out at my surroundings. I see the glistening water and the towering skyscrapers including the one we just stood in. "This place is gorgeous!" I say to Cameron, beaming.

He laughs. "That's why I took you here. A gorgeous girl needs to see a gorgeous place" He smiles.

"Stop that" I say to him holding in my laughter.

"Stop what?" He asks also holding in laughter.

"Hitting on me!" I say while letting my laugh out. He bites down his lip to keep from laughing along with me and turns to look out at the river.

"Next stop, Navy Pier!" Yells the Captain over a megaphone. Cameron grabs my hand as we get up and walk out. This time we don't walk up any stairs. We enter under an archway that says "Navy Pier." I immediately see many statues and Lake Michigan. Cameron still holds my hand as we walk through the wide strip of land that extends into the lake.

We walk down the pier hand in hand, talking and laughing the whole time. We occasionally stop to get a picture together or to shop and get ice cream. Cameron takes a turn up stairs. I see a huge Ferris wheel that towers over us. The enclosed cars are red with tiny yellow McDonalds arches in the corners. We get in line and get our picture taken in front of the sign. We continue through the line and finally make it to the front. We are put in cart number 24, my favorite number. We hop in the continuously moving cart as the workers open and close each door.

We slowly move up, each inch revealing more of the city. I stare out into the perfect scenery. The sun shines over us. The only sound is the birds chirping and the snap of Cameron taking pictures on his iPhone. Finally we get close to the top. I look at Cameron and see him looking towards me. I smile at him.

"You should be looking at the scenery." I say gently.

"Yeah. I know" He sighs.

Suddenly he starts leaning in towards me. I lean in too. We are inches away from eachother. The butterflies in my stomach won't seem to stop. Suddenly there is a blaring crackle.

"Chicago! Chicago! That Toddlin' Town!" Starts blaring through our cart. We pull away from eachother quickly.

"S-Sorry" We both say at the same time. Then, we just start laughing. I'm not exactly sure why, but we just do and it seems impossible to stop. We laugh together the rest of the way down.