Prologue

Jenna's P.O.V:

I've been dating Parker ever since we met while on the Suppy Nation tour, which was just about over a year ago. Things have been going pretty well for us considering we tour so much and go months without seeing each other at a time.

The way we kept up with each other was by Skype and phone calls - we didn't always have the best reception, or could ever really get used to the time zones, but we seemed to get through it alright.

Today was the final day of my two week holiday in America. I'd finished a headline tour with my band, and as much as I was missing my family and home back in Australia, I'd decided to take the fortnight off and spend the time with Parker.

Parker had woken me up this morning with a surprise - he told me that we'd be going out to a special place that means a lot to him. I'm feeling pretty stoked about it, it's not often we can go on dates.

We had been driving around San Antonio for quite a while now - an hour, to be exact. I was getting worried about the time, though I didn't want to rush Parker. My flight wasn't for another four hours and thankfully, I'd already packed. I still couldn't help but wonder why he'd chosen today to take me out on my final day, this late.

Looking out of the window of Parker's 1969 Chevrolet Camaro, I smiled to myself as the sun shined bright. Winding the window down, I was pleased to see that Parker was taking me to the top of a hill, that looked out on the pretty pink and orange sky. 

I hopped out of the car and sat on the bonnet. It was peaceful looking out on the town and at the evening sky, watching the traffic move along. The cars looked about the size of ants from up here.

My mind was boggling on what Parker's plan was. I looked down to see my boyfriend had knelt down on one knee, fishing for something in his pocket. My thoughts spiraled as I could only think of one thing: Proposal?

"I think I know what you're going to say" I bit my lip anxiously, hugging myself as a shield from the wind - I was missing the Spring weather in Australia pretty hard right now.

"Thank god" Parker smiled, looking up at me. So, I'm right? "I've waited a short while to do this, I feel like it's the right time."

"I just want to say-" I began, although Parker mumbled something at the same time. Whatever he wanted to get off his plate must really be important - at least, that's what I figured.

Picturing myself being carried bridal-style by Parker, I scrunched my face up when I realised it just didn't feel right. I'm 21 - I'm not ready for marriage. I felt bad because I was probably going to have to reject Parker...

"Oh, you go first" Parker smiled, still leaning on one knee. Was he even comfortable? There were rocks on the grass, plenty of them. Shaking out of my thoughts, I realised that wasn't the most important thing right now.

"No, you can go first" I suggested, leaning back on his windscreen. No matter how many times I see couples sitting on cars in movies, it never feels as comfortable as it looks.

"You can go first" Parker reassured me, which was beginning to bug me. I wanted him to go first but I didn't want to sit around all afternoon arguing over who was going to speak first. Where's the fun in that? That's just silly.

"I feel as though our relationship has gone on for a long time now" I smiled, thinking of all the fun, sneaky things we did on tour. Well, not what most people would think we'd done. "And I'm not sure I'm ready to-"

Parker looked up with widened eyes, before looking down at how he was on one knee. Shaking his head, the male looked up again - then down once more, before standing up. He quickly waved his hands to dismiss what I was saying, which left me confused. "Woah, woah, woah. I wasn't- Well, y'know. I wasn't trying to..."