(05) Respect The Space You Have

Parker's P.O.V:

"You have to come and watch their set!" Kelen sighed, folding his arms. He's been bugging me for a little while now, and it was starting to get on my nerves. "Trust me... If you want Jenna to forgive you, you need to show that you care about her. Besides, it'll be fun!"

For the past few minutes I'd been debating with Kelen on whether or not Jenna would appreciate me going over and watching her band's set. Rolling my eyes, I knew Kelen wouldn't shut up if I didn't say yes. Any of his sentences that ended in 'besides, it'll be fun!', usually meant that it was time to give in.

"Look, I don't know" I shrugged, grabbing my hat to wear back-to-front. "I can't stand being around her when she acts as if I don't exist."

"She has a reason to, Parker. Look, I may or may not have organised for you both to do an acoustic duet. You're welcome" Kelen spoke quickly, shrugging as if it was nothing.

"What? How? You're kidding!" I raised an eyebrow as I spoke, folding my arms when Kelen nodded in response. "She actually said yes?!"

"A-huh. I know, I'm amazing. You owe me!" Kelen laughed, lacing his shoes up. "Now, are you coming or what?"

"Fuck yes" I nodded, also putting my shoes on. Kelen was a great guy, what would the band ever do without him? "I can't believe she actually said yes. Oh my god."

"Weirder things have happened" Kelen shrugged, stepping off of the bus.

"Not too sure about that..." I trailed off as I began to walk with Kelen to watch Tonight Alive's set. I wasn't sure if he heard my comment, it came out as more of a whisper than anything.

Whenever we had spare time before our sets, we liked to catch other bands play. We got the opportunity to do this often - except for when we play before midday and we've woken up with only 20 minutes to spare - but I'd never thought of watching Tonight Alive's set.

"So they're on in a few, let's go to the side of the stage and see them" Kelen suggested, walking to the back of the stage where there were security guards. Flashing our passes, we were able to stand side-stage with ease.

Matt had already started the drum solo he was doing, and one by one the band slowly started to appear on the stage. The crowd was already wild, and I could see why. They've always been a great band, and amazing live.

"Hey Kel" Jenna smiled, giving Kelen a quick wave before jogging to the centre of the stage. I flashed her a smile, but she didn't return it. 

"(You listening? Are you listening?)

Your eyes are closed
You're asleep, but are you dreaming?
Is this truth we know
Even the truth that all,
We're only breathing

Naive minds for naive lives,
We don't have nine lives,
Open your eyes
The only chance you get,
Is here tonight

We all have hearts that beat
You're nodding, but are you listening?
Your lips move,
No one makes a sound
You listening?
Are you listening?"

"She's so good up there" I turned to Kelen, who was clearly enjoying the show also. With one song in, their crowd was so pumped with energy and singing along to every word.

"I need to
Pull myself together,
If we're talking about forever,
Then this room just got a little bit smaller.
And it's not like I signed up for this.
I'm sorry, but I just got to be honest,
You're not my type,
No hard feelings,
Thank you and goodnight.