(19) Nothing Worth Having Comes Easy

Jenna's P.O.V:

"Woah, this place is amazing" I grinned, holding Kelen's hand in my own. Today we had a day off, and Kelen had decided to take me to an arcade in town.

"I knew you'd love it" Kelen replied, drinking the rest of his milkshake before throwing it out. 

Letting go of Kelen's hand, I ran over to a little corner of the arcade where the basketball hoops were. "I'm so good at this, let's see if I can beat you!"

"Alright" Kelen chuckled, with a shrug. Grabbing a ball after we swiped our game card to play, he began to shoot at the hoop and he was doing really well. 

Doing the same, I managed to get a score of 340 and 34 tokens. Kelen got a score of 290, and 29 tokens. Laughing, I placed our tokens together and into my purse. 

"Well, that was fun" I spoke, looking up at Kelen as he frowned. 

"You definitely beat me there. Let's try the car racing games" Kelen suggested, pointing to another area.

"Sure" I nodded, sitting in the seat after paying. We raced three times, and Kelen won twice. Apparently he 'let' me win the last one... Apparently.

Once we were finished with the car racing, I looked around and walked up to a game where you throw balls and try to push back as many of the pins as possible. They were little clowns, and I hate clowns - so I thought throwing balls at their fluffy, annoying faces would be pretty fun.

Kelen had walked off to play something else, so while he did that I ended up playing four times - winning a total of 89 tokens. Running up to Kelen, I hugged him from behind and showed him the tokens. 

"Look! Even more!" I smiled, resting my chin on his shoulder. "You got any more?"

"Yeah, I got 56 just from hitting this hammer thing" Kelen grinned, handing the tokens to me. "We'll have to get something awesome with these."

Nodding, I put the tokens in my purse with the others and stood beside Kelen. "I'll give it a try!"

Hitting the hammer, the lights flashed all the way to the top of the meter and I won 300 tokens. Smiling, I took the tokens as Kelen wrapped an arm around my waist. 

We walked around, looking for what to try next. We found a shooting game, where we were 'soldiers' running around a forest while trying to find our targets. We played the game a few times, and it was really fun. In total, we won around 100 tokens each.

We then found other games, winning even more tokens. Kelen walked up to one of those toy machines with the claws, and I shook my head with a raised eyebrow.

"You know these things never work, right? They're just a great way to make a lot of money" I said matter-of-factly, placing a hand on my hip. 

"I don't know about that" Kelen replied, placing a coin into the machine before moving the stick around and lifting up a Finn toy from Adventure Time. Much to my surprise, he actually won it.

"Okay, so they sometimes work" I laughed, blushing from embarrassment as I took the toy Kelen handed to me. "Thank you."

 "No problemo, right?" Kelen wiggled his eyebrows, taking my hand as we continued to walk around the arcade. 

Looking around, I blushed from embarrassment once again when my stomach rumbled rather loudly. I was hungry, okay? Kelen couldn't help but chuckle. 

Giggling, I bit my lip and looked up at the male beside me."Perhaps we should grab some lunch?"