(16) Take Me By The Hand

Jenna's P.O.V:

Waking up to the smell of McDonalds, I jumped out of my bunk - hungry was an understatement for how I felt. Walking to the front area, I grinned when I'd realised Whak had hopped off the bus to get some breakfast. We were on route to Pittsburgh for today's Warped date.

"I don't think I could thank you enough, Whak. What'd you get me?" I asked, sitting on the front lounge beside Matty, who practically tore open his burger wrapping.

"It's just Maccas, Jen" Whak chuckled, shaking his head. "I got you a McMuffin and a thick shake, your favourite."

"Thanks guys, this is just what I need" I spoke, taking a large sip of my drink. I then pressed my hand to my forehead, scrunching my eyes shut as I felt a brain freeze come over me.

"Yeah, I don't blame you. Especially after last night" Cameron laughed, as the others joined in. 

"Yeah, I don't really remember much after making Parker dance. I think I made him dance, anyway" I shrugged, biting into my burger. "Did you guys have fun?"

"I think it was the best night on Warped yet" Matty nodded, eating some of his chips. "I don't think I've ever been more proud of you, or laughed so hard in my entire life than when you spilled those drinks on Parker's head. A classic Jenna moment."

"Spilled? Drinks? Huh?" I asked, nearly dropping my food in shock. I did what, now? "I didn't -- Oh. I did, didn't I?" I continued, the memory very slowly coming back to me.

"Yep" Jake nodded, patting my back as he sat beside me. "Don't worry, I'm sure there's a good reason you did it."

"Yeah, there is" I laughed, shaking my head. I'll tell the guys some day. "What else happened?"

"You made Parker sing Who Let The Dogs Out. Whakaio made dog sounds as he danced around, fucking hilarious" Jake answered, as the guys started laughing again. "It's on my Instagram, and hundreds of people have already seen it. Hope he doesn't mind."

"Wow, I was pretty funny last night" I smiled to myself, drinking more of my thick shake.

- - - 

Knocking on the door of the TSSF bus, I bit my lip as Kelen opened the door. I'd lost all train of thought, not knowing what to say. Soon enough, Kelen spoke.

"Parker's out" Kelen spoke flatly, looking at the acoustic guitar I was holding. He was dressed in Batman pyjama bottoms, with no shirt. While I was thinking of how cute he looked, I hadn't realised Kelen was starting to shut the door on me.

Kicking the door open, I gave myself a small smile. I felt like maybe I had this. Kelen simply frowned, slightly raising his eyebrow. I guess he was pretty confused, but I didn't know what to say. Instead, I began strumming along to 'I'm With You' by Avril Lavigne. 

Yep, I was going to serenade Kelen. It was the best idea I had.

"I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
'Cause nothing's going right
And everything's a mess
And no one likes to be alone...

...Oh why is everything so confusing
Maybe I'm just out of my mind
Yeah-he-yah, yeah-he-yah, yeah-he-yah, yeah-he-yah, yeah!

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I, I'm with you
I'm with you

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I, I'm with you
I'm with you

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I, I'm with you
I'm with you
I'm with you

As I sang to Kelen, I noticed a smile began to spread across his face. When I'd sang the last part to the song, his smile faded again. I decided to carry the song on anyway, and once I was done, I didn't really know what to say.

Hearing someone clap, I furrowed my eyebrows. That wasn't Kelen... Turning, my eyes widened at the sight of Parker. He wore a smug, when-were-you-going-to-tell-me kind of expression along with an arched eyebrow.

"Who would have thought Jenna would be singing a love song to you?" Parker chuckled, continuing to clap. 

"I've gotta go" I blurted out, taking my guitar off before running away. I literally ran away.

 I was slightly annoyed that I hadn't known Parker was behind me. Then again, if I did notice, maybe I would've stopped. I don't know. I guess now both Parker and Kelen know how I feel and that's the main thing.

I can't lie, I was embarassed that Parker was there. I was about to tell Kelen that I liked him. Now, that needed to be done another time. 

[A/N: Watch the video up top to see Jenna & Whak cover Avril Lavigne :)]