(02) The Tiny Words That Break My Heart

Kelen's P.O.V:

Looking through the fridge, I searched for a cool drink as Jenna went to change and go to the bathroom - she asked me to 'make myself at home'. Taking a seat on the front lounge, I looked around curiously as I waited for Jenna.

I wondered why she didn't just want to come back to my bus, but I guess maybe she'll tell me when she's back. Maybe Parker and her had a fight after she dropped his pizza? Surely it couldn't be over something that stupid, though.

I watched as Jenna walked through the bunk area and the kitchen area. She'd put pyjama shorts and a singlet on. 'She has a great figure', I found myself thinking, before shaking out of my thoughts and sighing.

I guess she must be really exhausted, maybe that has to do with why she didn't want to do anything tonight? Watching as the blonde neared me and sat down across from me at the booth, I smiled.

"So... How have you been lately?" Jenna asked, biting her lip. She hadn't changed much since I last saw her, two years ago or so. Same blonde hair and warm smile, just a little more mature looking. I guess?

"I've been fine, thanks" I answered, knowing our small-talk was awkward for the both of us. "And you?"

"I've been-" Jenna began, waving her hand as she cut herself off. "Wait, this is silly. How about we skip the weird and awkward catch-up and talk like the friends we are?"

"Sounds good" I laughed quietly, taking a sip of the beer I took out of the fridge. "So uh, I'm sorry but I'm just really curious on why you and Parker are... Well, why you two aren't getting along?"

"I don't really want to talk about it, you can ask him" Jenna sighed, looking down at her hands. "Um... Do you have a girlfriend?"

Looking up from her hands to her face, I raised my eyebrow and shook my head. Was there a a particular reason she was asking me this? The question came as quite a surprise. "No... Why?"

"No reason!" Jenna laughed, flashing a smile as she shook her head. "I was just wondering! I didn't mean it like... Well, like that."

"It's okay" I shrugged, taking another sip of my beer. "At least I'm not the only single member in my band, right? Otherwise I'd be... like... 9th wheeling all the time!"

"But Ryan, Will, Kevin and-" Jenna began, clearly doing the maths in her head before before I cut her off.

"Parker and Mia broke up a little while back" I explained, saving Jenna from the confusion that was showing on her face. "Since then he's been... Let's just say, he's been having very short term relationships, you know?"

"Yeah, I see" Jenna nodded. The blonde frowned before getting up and going over to the fridge. "How come?"

"It's not my place to say" I replied, knowing Parker wouldn't want me to say why exactly. I mean, it was his business, he probably didn't want me broadcasting it.

"Well it's not my place to say this but Parker and I dated once and I hope he feels as shitty as I did" Jenna mumbled, her head nearly in the fridge as she bent down and searched for something.

Taking a chug of beer, Jenna sat side ways and sprawled her legs across her side of the booth. We sat in a comfortable silence for quite some time and I knew it would be a bad idea asking her anything about her relationship with Parker. I wanted to act like I didn't hear her, but I could sense she probably knew I did.

Hearing a knock on the door, Jenna got up quickly and walked over to see who it was. Opening it up, she looked uncomfortable. "Hey Ry."

Ryan? What did he want? "Hi Jen, I don't suppose Kelen is on here? We've been wondering where he's gotten to..."