(09) I'm In The Business of Misery

Parker's P.O.V:

Watching Whak get on stage, I felt slightly embarrassed for him. He'd drank a bit much already, and his words were starting to slur. Although Kelen said he'd plan for us all to hang out tonight, Amy insisted we all go to a bar in town for dinner and drinks - and they happened to have karaoke. 

Kelen's 'girlfriend' requested that Whak to sing Man! I feel like a Woman! - this led Jenna to believe the brunette planned it all, to embarrass Kelen's friends. I mean, it's a possibility.

"Let's go girls! Come on
I'm going out tonight, I'm feelin' alright
Gonna let it all hang out
Wanna make some noise-really raise my voice
Yeah, I wanna scream and shout
No inhibitions-make no conditions
Get a little outta line
I ain't gonna act politically correct
I only wanna have a good time

The best thing about being a woman
Is the prerogative to have a little fun

Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy - forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts, short skirts
Oh, oh, oh, really go wild, yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action, feel the attraction
Color my hair, do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free, yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!" Whakaio sang, gaining the attention of everyone in the bar. They seemed to enjoy his performance - if that's what you call it.

Jenna grinned and hopped up from her seat, wanting to have the next turn. Taking Kelen's hand, she pulled him up and made him sing with her. Amy looked beyond jealous, and I decided to use this time to introduce myself to her.

"Hey, so uh, you and Kelen... It's a thing?" I asked Amy, watching as she turned and nodded.

"He's in a band, I can't resist him" Amy answered, sounding shallow. "And he's really nice."

"Hey everyone, um... My name is Jenna and this is my good mate Kelen. We're about to blow you all away with our shitty singing, so here it goes..."

 "How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Can't understand what I mean?
Well, you soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of taking off my shirt

It's been one week since you looked at me
Threw your arms in the air
and said, "You're crazy"
Five days since you tackled me
I've still got the rug burns on both my knees
It's been three days since the afternoon
You realized it's not my fault
not a moment too soon
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
And now I sit back and wait 'til you say you're sorry

After Jenna and Kelen sang, they walked back over to the table and sat down. We'd already finished our meals, and were drinking. By now, Amy had been drinking quite a bit. She was all over Kelen - and I mean all over him. There was no problem with that, but I was worried about Kelen. 

How would Kelen handle the relationship? After touring, their relationship would still be long-distance. Shrugging it off, I figured I was over-thinking everything, and that hey, I wasn't one to judge that. It's not like I was ever a good partner for Jenna, so...

"That was good" Amy smiled, putting her arm around Kelen's waist. As she kissed him, Jenna shifted in her seat and turned away.

Surely she wasn't jealous. Then it hit me, and I remembered that she was never a fan of PDA.

"Parker, let's dance!" Jenna grinned, taking my hand as she practically dragged me to the dance floor.

"Is Amy bugging you?" I asked Jenna, though it must have been muffled as the music was pretty loud. Or, she ignored the question.