Chapter 24

*SMUT WARNING*

Jennie Pov

The dining table stretched down the length of the cavernous room. It's occupants, clad in dinner attire, sat at formal place settings. The crystal sparkled, the silver was polished, and all eyes were on me. I stared over their heads, which wasn't hard considering they were all seated, and made my way to the two seats vacant at the end of the table. Daring to look at the other dinner guests, I found Nancy glaring at me with cold rage frozen on her face, her eyes casting icy daggers. I raised one eyebrow at her as I passed.

Game on, bitch.

As I reached my seat, the low murmurings of the dinner party grew to a buzz. I changed a glance around the entire table this time, unsurprising that a few people turned away from my indirect gaze. Everyone except two. Mino cocky grin made him look as though he were in on some secret joke. I forced myself not to roll my eyes. And at the head of the table, the queen sat watching my late arrival with practiced stoicism.

I nodded my head in deference to her, feeling only slightly guilty for being tardy. Mostly because I would have been on time if it weren't for her daughter and nephew. Not that I really had any regrets about how is spent my time this afternoon. A server stepped forward to pull out my chair when the dining room doors burst open. Lisa strode quickly towards me, throwing a cursory nod towards her mother's place, but her eyes never left mine. I was dimly aware that the server was waiting for me to sit, but I couldn't move. The whole room had faded except for Lisa. The suppressed fury on her face said it all. I was hers, and she was reasserting her claim to me. Lisa didn't need to speak, I already knew her expectation, so I waited. She reached me, dismissing the server curtly. Taking her place behind the chair, she held it for me. "Jennie."

My name was sex on her lips, and in it I felt the cocktail of possessiveness, lust and confusion that she felt. I sunk into the chair as I sunk back under her command. Lisa hastily took the chair next to mine, and I reached out under the table to place my hand on her knee, but she knocked it away.

"Nice of you to join us, Lisa." The queen boomed. Lisa's gaze stayed glued to me as she replied. "I had no idea I was a necessary aspect of your meal. You certainly didn't need to wait for me. I'm not a fork." The queen's jaw tightened.

"If you're finished with this display of machismo, I'd like to eat dinner."

"So would I." Lisa said.

I could see her need to fuck me reflecting in her eyes. But if Bambam was right, Lisa night need to hear the word 'no' every once in a while. I wasn't positive that Lisa wanted a real relationship, but she had brought me here. She had claimed me in front of her mother and everyone else. That had to mean something. However, I also knew that she didn't know the first thing about having a relationship. My limited experience in this area, I was only certain of one thing. I had to prove to Lisa and everyone else that I wouldn't tolerate games.

Peeling my eyes from Lisa, I turned toward my plate, suddenly grateful that the glass of wine at my place had already been filled. As u reached for it, I met Bambam's amused eyes watching me. I'd been too distracted by Lisa's dramatic entrance to notice that I'd say right across from her cousin. At least I had an ally close by, especially with Nancy too close for my comfort. She stared at Lisa expectantly as if she was trying to cast a spell over her, but Lisa's concentration couldn't be broken.

"Doesn't Jennie look fabulous, Lisa?" Bambam asked steeping his fingers.

"She's a bit over dressed for dinner, don't you think?" Nancy said, butting in. The rest of the Brat Pack snickered around her on cue. "Or under-dressed, depending on how you look at it."