|Twelve|

I was in pain, literally in great pain , I have got sprain on my left hand, I was shouting like a mad man, our officer in charge ordered to avoid anesthesia or any kind of pain relief, because I had to report on duty in next four hours, pain killers will make me drowsy, left with no options, I had to obliged. Though I was told to take a day leave, but I wasn't ready to miss my next days expedition, so I had to bear the pain. You know how it was like? It felt like, my bones are being chopped, each of my bone into small pieces, all at once. I was crying, yelling at everyone around, my mate was by my side, he was supporting me and I was shamelessly shouting at him with all hilarious slangs possible. Finally, when I was taken inside the medical camp, I started to faint, environment got blurry,sound started to get distant, as if sleep was engulfing me inside the deep corners of oceans; pain, which was unbearable earlier now felt like a constant friend, those few seconds of falling inside the pool of oceans, and reality, I saw a pair of beautiful eyes. Dark, black, round like two moons are staring at me, they were almost magically captivating, I just saw the glimpse of those khohl eyes, and I was enchanted, suddenly I couldn't feel my pain, sleeping was not in my control but those eyes gave me a hidden strength, it's inexpressible, may be it wasn't her eyes, may be medicine was working on me, but o felt my pain was gone for eternity.
Next morning, after 4 hours of consciousness, I got my senses back, I was sleeping profoundly. when I opened my eyes , camp was lonely, nobody was there, not even the nurse.I knew I was in magical world, realised that girl removed all the pain from me. Suddenly realised she wasn't there, I searched for her, then I realised, she isn't our regular medical staff. Later came to know she was called for emergency because our doctor was in emergency leave, then this idea struck me! Did I really imagined those eyes or it was actually someone real?
When I was good enough to go on expedition, I tried to get information about that girl, may be someone must have seen her, but to my surprise It was only me who saw her. Yes they didn't denied that there was some girl that day to attended me, except that nobody knew who she was. Someone new from civilian doctor, who inspected me, diagnosed a second degree sprain, she went back. And they didn't saw any of her, after that.
There are rarest chances of meeting any civilians when we are at training camp, but I tried my best to search for her, tried talking with few civilian, but I couldn't find her. Everything felt like fantasy. Those eyes not only gave strength,but I could see, they held so much inside. No, it wasn't sorrow, it was pain, pain - when your loved one is hurt, you can't figure out what to do,that kind of pain. I know, this sounds creepy, I was fainting and not in a position to judge people at that time, but I am sure I saw that inside her eyes. And those eyes, still fresh, it is filled inside my concise, I can't remove her from my mind, yesterday when I was alone thinking my hands automatically drawn those beautiful orbs. I can exactly remember them, still fresh as new."

Two people, looking at him in a comical manner, when om finished narrating his story ,he saw Annika and Rudra listening to him in awe, their mouths open, eyes wide with surprise and he couldn't control himself from laughing. When both got their conscious back, they gave an angry glare almost in verge of rejecting his story, but when Om told them again how he got a dream last night about finding her, they felt they are not cheated, at least.

"See, this is what I want to feel. When Rudy and you had such interesting stories to live, I feel my love story should be like this, actually I feel stories should be like this, When someone intrigued your interest, constantly on your mind, then, suddenly finding them. The excitement of meeting them, started to know them. Like a journey. This is how I have known love stories. If I think about Shivaay and my relationship as lovers, I can't relate to them, I never felt that constant desperation to meet him, butterfly inside my stomach. Nothing. I won't say I don't love him,or he doesn't love me, but this is not a love story. I never felt that for him, ever." Annika said out of her reverie.