|Seventeen|

The night dived deeper into the sea of darkness, unsettling sound of beetle, gave away, the hope of falling into slumber; poor beetle has to take all the blame for Annika's insomniac nights. Same Annika, whose sleeping habits were talk of the town, 'she sleeps like a log' he use say, she thought.

Oh..Not again!... every thing bounces back to him. Such a fool of her, to even think living without him would be easier. If not memories, his eyes haunts at the back of mind like a ghost. She has become unserviceable, can't sleep, eat even think beyond him. Forty five days, longing has turned like an eternity. She missed Shivaay like never before. Distance always made her cringe, travelling alone was not her cup of tea, but he would compensate her with lots of calls, sweet lullaby of his voice in the nights, then she would retire for the day, his deep voice, whispered at night giving her hope of better tomorrow. Annika's perception has turned upside down. Shivaay's value in her life was so much unrecognized by her, as an important aspect of her life she always loved him, but, these days she realised he has been the only person who did eveything for her, his place and value is something unaccountable - securing  from danger, inspiring, motivating, loving and caring, without even expecting anything, selflessly. Did eveything, like he meant it, like he breathes to do all of this.
Realisation is hitting her hard, now she can see her ignorant  behaviour, ungratefulness. May be, it's distance or his longing, she can now see through, love.  When they were together, time spend and how conversation lead to different discussions, she can understand what they were, his love and care; not even a single day went by, scolding herself for everything she refused to see, ignore. They were the purest form of love.

When she walks around memory lanes, only regrets counts on the dominating emotion, usually followed by a straight pain inside depths of heart! Her actions and behaviour were too juvenile, such immature action that she regrets on playing. Eveything roams around her head like a storm, creating havoc and destruction inside her head. Undoubtedly She was rude, selfish and stupid, which hurts her more was her ungratefulness. Agreed a truth was kept hidden from her, agreed it was about her family, but they too are her family, they never differentiated between her and any Oberoi and this was not what they deserved.
She realised eveything after coming to this place. Her so called family are not even humans; Assassins. Hiding in a cloak, a family, which claims to be living the hierarchy of their ancestors, vey well, they are living it, as it was set way back in 18th century. They don't know the meaning of goodness, kindness, let alone this. How will they understand love? In fact it's a disease, or an alien who wasted the youth of the country. Annika's so called family are mean, ruthless and living a fake proud which doesn't exist in real life.

When she arrived, with so many expectations, heart overwhelmed, excitement of meeting her family. Finally, she'll  see someone of her own! her blood, her mother's blood! A full fledged family of her own, mama mami and brothers and sisters, Nani, which she bets will love her like dadi... Dadi always loved her, like her own, but it was never enough for Annika. Most of the time she felt neglected, apprehension regarding, quantity of love dadi gives to Shivaay or Rudy. She is cruel thinking like that, but she felt, and she can't help it.
When she saw nani, her wish came true, Nani is a timid looking, plum and fair lady in her eighties, dim eyes and slow posture, spreading warmth, Annika felt finally she is home. She'll get whatever is due, Nani will complete her incomplete love.
Nani opened the door for her, magically she recognized Annika too, may be her resemblance to her mother helped. Annika greeted her with a gleeful smile. She moved forward to hug her Nani, she believed she'll be received cordially, unless, as second later her dreams came shattering all around her eyes.  Reality strikes, in a lighting speed, destroying eveything she build during all the way from Mumbai to Jalandhar. Shivaay, dadi and Pinky maa were right, they don't deserve her.

Question arises, who destroyed It? So the answer is.... It was her so called grandfather. He too recognized her, strangely but seems like he sniff's love coming. Within few seconds, she wished she had never had left Oberoi mansion. And this man, her so called grand father, would be the last person she wants to be connected with.