|Fourteen|

'Love' is such an alien topic for Annika. For her love is universal, she loved everyone around her, Shivaay, Omru, Pinky ma, shakti uncle, shahil, Aditi, entire family of her NGO, also those who makes her feel special. How does love of one particular person differs from that of others. Love of these many people? How do you differentiate it in first place? Is there a string, which will tell you, this particular note of heartbeat is different from the others, does the pink shades of your excited cheeks tells you, this happiness is different from other one? Does it has a special feeling altogether or it is just same as other love?
People say, the one you love will be your lifeline! Yes, off course its true; the one who said her to marry him is her life line. Off course she loves Shivaay, and struggles to breath, when he is upset with her or when she disappoints him, her world turns upside down without him, so does this means he is the one? If yes, then whatever is happening is so perfect. Shivaay on his knees proposing her to spend life with him for eternity. No place would have justified with special feeling of this one, she stood awestruck at the happenings. Her eyes were already moist, heart thumping, may be it's because of her earlier distress, may be not, may be it's because she is happy. 'The scenic beauty, setting sun, his alluring smile, his eyes, a little red because of tears and that affection, is adding effects to this supernatural feeling.  She is feeling special, loved, in different way. She found herself to be proposed for such an auspicious thing, marriage! A bond which joins two completely different souls into one, they Cherish nourish and nurture a new world altogether, vowing to be there for eachother in every aspect of life.

Annika always looked respectfully to this human made relationship. Now, her best friend who is a great man, perfect in every sense is asking her for her hand, can she be anymore happy than this? No, she doesn't. She won't. But....
Yes, there is a but here, because the responsibility of this relationship is huge, it's not only about spending life together, now it's about love, their friendship and respect they have for eachother. Shivaay is her world, no doubt about it, knowingly or unknowingly, they are here because of her, she can swear, she'll be happy with him, but will he be? Can this, eveything of this turn out to be a wrong decision at the end! What if they loose the best thing they have, their friendship? This scares her, she can bear eveything, not the harm on her friendship, nor the distance from him.

Annika's reverie of thoughts broke when she saw Shivaay standing, he looking tensed, Annika cursed herself for spoiling the mood, it was such a blissful moment. Dream of every girl, a proposal in her mind, which she wishes in her every prayer, this is what it was, nothing less to her expectations. On the Otherhand, Shivaay was trying to figure out her emotion, his eyes were trying to search for a small tinge of unhappiness, his deep blue eyes were continuously furrowed, trying to get answers. There were fine lines of tension started to form in his forehead, Annika can see the changing expression but her mind refused to come up with quick response, but her reflexes, were quick to save herself from making it more complicated. She place her palm over his stubble cheeks, in  assurance that eveything is fine.

"It's okay, Shivaay, I am okay and not angry with you, or awkward. I know, I can read your eyes, you didn't made me awkward, just relax. Yes, I am a little bit confused right now. But don't stress, it's not a big problem. " Annika said without dragging whole situation into a complex one.

"Annika, I don't want your answer right now, it's okay, take time I'll wait, I was just nervous to hide it from you, so I blurted eveything out, I know the place and situation is not...." Annika placed her finger over his talking lips and she smiled. Finally, she did, it is a different smile, not out of courtesy or deliberately done, it's one of those, like she smiles when she remembers her parents, a happy and peaceful one.
His eyes didn't leave hers, still tensed.

"Shivaay I said you didn't made me awkward, and honestly, I am not even thinking about saying no to you." This was something Shivaay wasn't expecting. She said yes, in a different manner but she said yes to his proposal. Shivaay didn't felt the relief yet, because eveything looked so dreamy, is it real? or whatever is happening is too good to be true. Why eveything is so smoothly going? He is confused now, what's happening? Is not according to your expectations is bad, even if, result is good. He started to panic now, did he made a mistake? What if she thought out of courtesy he is asking her? Or worst she thought he is being feeling pity over her situation?