|Sixteen|

"It came around your 18th birthday, Shivaay was 21 by then, excited, happy he was planning a big surprise for you. This letter ruined eveything, remember how Shivaay had to travel untimely and your birthday was cancelled by you? I was the first one to read it, Shivaay caught hold of it first, he didn't even let Pinky know about it, I read the content, like him, I too was apprehensive about situation. Letter was written in good intent, but there was something which bothered me, your nani didn't called to you back, only assured her support, anything needed she'll help! That was all,  not even a question about you,how you're doing? or conveying love from family, nothing. Which is very weird. If god forbid, anything happpens to my grand children, I would be devasted, I would have run back to them to take care of them, even now I feel sad for Tej's demise. But she didn't show any of that concern. I guessed, may be, she is still angry with your father.
They married too early, few months of encounter, turned into love. Sargam was a very dreamy girl; romance, love and stories use to be her life, and Harsh was nothing less than a hero himself. Inspite of his financial condition, social status of an orphan, he treated Sargam like a princess, they fell in love. Back then, most of the families didn't allow love marriages, ours was an exception though! My father in law was beyond his time, but Sargam and Harsh weren't that lucky. Nothing went right for your parents, their different caste, community and love. She was locked, inside the room for weeks. When Harsh told Tej and Shakti about all of this situation, they came up with an escape plan, agreeing to help, three of them got Sargam out. And finally, got them married in court. After that Sargam never visited her home. After their death, we thought you should be send to your family. Even if we loved you, we wanted to give your own family back, a family is important for a child's growth. So, I personally told Shakti to inform them, but they didn't replied, waiting for many years  we thought they don't want you back. And after almost 8yrs later this came. I was expecting at least one member to show up but there wasn't anyone. This letter didn't satisfied me."

Dadi was consoling Annika, on her lap. She was devasted, completely drained after crying for hours. Betrayed, cheated, felt very low of her life, her most favourite people lied to her, Shivaay lied to her. Refusing to have any kind of conversation with anyone, she closed herself inside the room. Be it Pinky, Om , they tried to explain things but got only refusals,her beliefs broken. Holding letter in one hand and dairy other, Annika sat by her bed for hours, skipping food, water and eveything. Lost and silent, looking at something very random, as if trying to figure out her life, which has become a tangled puzzle, pieces of which, are spread all across the room, and darkness- engulfing it, making it a herculean task.Her senses were working, which are of no use right now. She was listening to dadi, only to hear about what happened in the past.

"Don't get him wrong Annika! he cares for you, even if he didn't tell you such an important thing,  which, I know is wrong, but he has only good intensions for this. Trust me beta....When he came back from your Nani's house, he was disappointed. I can guarantee he wasn't lying, I can assure you that. You will also agree with me, that nobody other than Shivaay knows how to protect his loved ones. He said you won't be safe there. I had to agree, he is never wrong in judging that. Shivaay explained what made him think that way, we'll agreed. By then, Pinky and Shakti also knew about it. It was our mutual decision to not tell you, you can't be angry on him alone. He is your best friend, he never think to deceive you! You have a very best relation with him, friendship is very precious thing you have with you Annika. You can live without love, but not without Friends."
Dadi was politely trying to explain things to Annika. Annika's eyes were dry, she don't want to shed tears now, and she couldn't, but her complaints were not finished, this so easy for them to decide? Why isn't she been taken in confidence? Why, kept in dark for so long? Why didn't they believed her ? It looks so conspiring, may be her understanding is deteriorating, but she refused to believe, trust can't be build in just few words of sympathy.