|Twenty- Three|

The ache was reducing, head is still heavy like a big stone -hard rigid and immovable. Every limb felt stubborn, not complying. With lots of efforts he tried raising eyebrows finally to see apart from incoherent sounds, which accompanied him throughout this. He saw a smudge figure, coming towards him, a warm hand touched his face.

"Shivaay" Om said.

Again, He heard coherent voices a nurse and doctor were examining his vitals, when finally he found senses of things, he saw himself in a hospital bed, lying like a heavy rug, unable to move. Shivaay was hovering with tense lines over his face. There was an unknown person too, stern looking and with trimmed hair and perfectly set moustache, Om guessed him to be a fellow soldier, though he didn't recognize him.

"Fine gentleman? Happy to see you're fine. I'll take leave now. Have your prescription, soldier." He Walked himself out. Surprising Om, here he is struggling to even speak and he felt he is fine. Soldiers never consider few wounds as wounds, wishing to roll his eyes, unable to do with all the headiness at the moment.

Looking at tensed Shivaay, it was obvious to see the seriousness. He is devasted, broken and tired, all this while must have been very anxious, Om thought. Om was relieved to not see Rudy, how would have he reacted? And to his nightmare Rudy appeared like a magic on screen. Rudra looked more weary than Shivaay, even crying. With a burst of tear, he ran and hugged his immovable body. Not bothering about wounds. Om shrieked with pain.

"Easy, easy Rudy, he is still recovering." Shivaay came for Om's rescue. Rudy looked guilty and sat by Om's side,h holding one of his dripped attached hand. Rudra looked concerned but he was smiling looking at his brother alright.

Few hours earlier, Shivaay was having a hard time handling himself. A call from Rudy became the reason for his relief. Narrating eveything about Om's condition and how uncertain the situation was, Om had got a major injury on his knees; the bullet hit him directly at the joint, only to be miraculously saved from completely dislocation. But, the bad news is still not over, inspite of not needed to cut his leg, doctors assume he had to live with a limped leg now, which unable him to give services to nation. At that hour of crisis, Shivaay was broken, he felt alone. The thought of telling Om eveything killed him more. Om is very sensitive, after such hindrances he was loving something in his life. Not only he lost his job, it was his inspiration, an escape to live. Living in pressure does this to people, work becomes eveything for them. To top all of that, his physical binding will hamper his motivation, and knowing Om's inexpressive nature, Shivaay was sure, he'll hide his pain. That bothered him more, now. Annika's call gave him strength to fight but now the battle is difficult.

"I don't know why but I am not able to move my body! I doubt they had given me a lot of anesthesia.....help me guys." Om broke reverie of Shivaay's thoughts, stunning both the brothers. The room fell silent, how would they tell him his present condition?.

"Let it be O, we'll talk like this. Anyways you need to rest." Rudy opposed his decision to sit, Shivaay nodded in agreement, baffled and tongue tied.
"But, I am tired of sleeping, Shivaay help me." Om tried again by himself, he couldn't, his hands somehow took the weight but failed miserably to sit. Suddenly,he felt his body- it is heavy with the high dosages of medicines but he is able to move them, it was just his leg which is not working. One thought to another, Om understood it, he knew he has been shot on leg. He froze, a stunned look on his brothers face was not amiss. Pale like ghost, as if Blood sucked out of body, he felt numb again this time with reality. Now, he won't be able to walk? How will he lead a life? How about his career in army? The future he hoped to lead, what about them? Tired and frustrated, he dropped whatever part he was holding by himself, and a tear formed in his eyes.

"Nothing major happened Om, don't over think. It's just needs time to heal, doctors said you can walk but for few days you need care and medical attention and..."