Chapter 8

Vanessa

I wake up to the bright light shining through the window of an unfamiliar room. I sit up, instantly getting dizzy. I looked to my side to see a sleeping Sammy.

I look for my purse and notice it was on the nightstand, along with an Advil and water bottle. I smile lightly, knowing Sammy left them there.

I take the Advil and I accidentally drop the water bottle trying to put it back on the nightstand. Sammy immediately shots up from the bed.

"Hey are you okay, what happened?" He says examining me to see if I was hurt.

"Nothing." I giggle. "I just dropped something." I say starting to feel really sick.

"Oh thank god." He sighs, laying back down.

"I don't feel good." I say holding my stomach.

"It's probably because you're hungover." He chuckles. "And, some guy spiked your drink last night." He says resting his hand on my knee.

"But don't worry, I found you in time before he did anything." I sigh in relief.

"Thank you." I smile lightly.

I lay back down next to Sammy and after a few minutes, I start to get really nauseous. I got up, and stumble to the bathroom that's connected to the room.

As soon as I was in front of the toilet, I start throwing up, a lot. Sammy walks into the bathroom and holds my hair up for me with one hand, while the other rubs by back.

"You'll be okay." He speaks calmly.

After a few minutes of sitting in front of the toilet, Sammy helps me out the bathroom and lays with me on the bed.

"If I hadn't left you, this wouldn't have happened to you." Sammy sighs.

"Hey, it's not your fault. I was stupid for getting drunk and taking the drink." I say.

"But you got to me before anything else happened. I'll be okay." I reassure him.

"Come here." Sammy says pulling me into his chest.

This was normal for us

This was normal for us. Cuddling was something we always did. The Jacks always made jokes about it, but Sammy didn't care. I however, always felt embarrassed when they would say that we were 'in love' or that we were 'dating'.

I was only embarrassed because my feelings for Sammy were really strong. Over the past few years, my feelings were mixed between love and hatred, they were all over the place. But being here with him now, they have definitely grown back.