Chapter 23

Vanessa

I feel little hands all over my face as I wake up the next morning. "Hey baby, how'd you get over here." I laugh seeing Lia. Sammy walks out of the bathroom and sees me awake.

"Baby I told you not to wake mommy up." Sammy says laughing. Lia reaches her arms up to Sammy. She squeals when he lifts her up. He kisses her cheek and lays next to me with Lia on his chest. "Morning baby." He smiles at me. "Morning." I whisper closing my eyes again.

"Get up. It's our two year anniversary and you're sleeping." He says tickling me. "Stop." I giggle. "I want to sleep."

"No get up and get dressed nicely, we are going out for breakfast. I'll get babygirl ready." He says getting up.

"Let's go babe

"Let's go babe." Sammy says walking into the bathroom. "Relax I'm done." I chuckle. I grab my backpack where I keep all of my things and Lia's things, and walk out to the living room.

"Come on baby let's go." I say going to pick Lia up from the floor. She shakes her head at me. "What do you mean, No." I laugh. I pick her up and she wiggles around in my arms shaking her head. "What do you want baby?" I say confused.

"Da-da." She says pointing to Sammy. Sammy looks at me wide eyed and smiles brightly. "Did she just say dada?" He says getting excited. I nod my head laughing. He runs to me and grabs Lia from me jumping up and down and she laughs loudly.

"Say it again baby, say dada" Sammy says. "Da-da." She smiles up at him laughing. "She's so cute." I squeal kissing her chubby cheek. "You owe me 20 bucks" Sammy says. A while ago, we made a bet on what word Lia would say first, mommy or daddy.

...

"Thank you for breakfast." I smile up at Sammy who was feeding Lia. "You're very welcome my love. Now let's go, I have a surprise waiting at home." He pecks my lips and gets up with Lia in his arms. She rests her head in the crock of his neck closing her eyes lightly. She's so cute!

Sammy puts Lia in her car seat and gets in the front. As he drove home, I kept trying to figure out what surprise he had at home, or what kind of thing he was planning. After 10 minutes of coming up with theories we arrive home. I get out the car and grab my bag as Sammy get Lia.

"Ready?" He asks. I look up and see him smirking slightly. "What did you do?" I ask. I open the door and I saw my mom and his parents standing in the kitchen.

"Mom!" I cheer. I haven't seen my mom since Lia was born, it's been over 8 months. I give my mom a tight hug as tears roll down my face. My mom means everything to me, she has been by my side through all the good, and all the bad, in my life. She's my best friend. "Aw honey, don't cry." She laughs wiping my tears lightly. "I missed you." I chuckle. I hug Lori and Dave, as my mom takes Lia from Sammy. "It's so good to see you guys." I say to them.

Sammy comes up and hugs his parents, "we're glad we could make it." Lori smiles. "You planned all this?" I ask Sammy as our parents go play with Lia in the living room. "Yea, it wasn't that hard to convince them to come." He chuckles. "About 2 weeks ago, when I was planning for tonight, I remembered I had to get someone to watch babygirl for us. I thought of them, they're a big part of her life, and I wanted that to be in person and not just through a screen." He says. "And I know you've been missing your mom." He laughs.

"Thank you." I hug him tightly. "For everything."