Chapter 13

Vanessa

Johnson and Gilinsky let me stay at their house last night. They didn't want things to get worse if I went to Sammy's apartment. I told them everything that happened between me and Nate that night and how I regretted doing it.

We just finished eating breakfast and we are starting to drive to Sammy's apartment to get my stuff. My flight leaves in about 3 hours.

"We'll come up with you." J says.

I knock on the door and wait for him to open it. As soon as he sees me, he slams the door on my face. Tears immediately well up in my eyes.

"Maybe you guys should get my stuff. I'll wait in the car." I say about to walk away.

"No Vanessa, he needs to hear you out and say bye. This needs to be fixed." G says.

"He doesn't even want to look at me." I laugh as the tears start to fall down my face.

"Just wait, Sammy open the door man." G says knocking on the door.

Sammy opens the door, but before anyone could walk in, he throws my things out the door.

"Here's her shit, she can leave now. Bye." He says about to slam the door again. G puts his hand out and walks in before the door closed.

"Stop being a dick bro. If you don't want to talk, let her." Johnson lightly pushes me in the apartment and they both stand by the door.

"Sammy listen I-I." I stutter.

I couldn't form the words. He doesn't even look at me. He's looking out the window, which is a sign that he doesn't care about what I am going to say.

I turn to look at the Jacks and they both give me sympathetic looks.

I walk up to Sammy and wrap my arms around his torso. I rest my head on his chest. I expected him to hug me back, but he just stands there. My heart breaks and I want to burst into tears.

"Bye Sammy." I say holding back my tears. I race out the door before anyone could say anything.

As I'm walking out of the building, I burst into tears. I sit on the curb near the car, because it was locked.

I lost my best friend. I lost him because of a stupid mistake I could've stopped, but I didn't. I didn't stop it because after years of being alone and feeling bad about myself, someone cared. Someone cared to ask me how I was doing, how I felt. I was vulnerable because I had lost the one person who was supposed to stay by my side forever.

Sammy

When Vanessa walked out the door both G and Johnson started yelling at me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Johnson says.

"You didn't even let her explain. You didn't even say goodbye." He adds.

"I didn't stop her from talking, she could have said whatever she wanted, but she chose not to." I tell them.

"Well maybe it was because you didn't even look at her. You were staring off and didn't pay any attention to her." G yells.

"Because I don't fucking care. I don't want to hear her lame ass excuse on why she did what she did. Did either one of you ever stop to think about how I feel?" I yell back.

"No you didn't, she slept with my best friend. What do you expect me to do, smile and pretend it didn't happen. How the fuck am I suppose to do that? They fucked." I yell.

"We're sorry man, we really are. But you could have at least given her a chance to explain herself. You didn't have to say that shit last night either. She hates herself, just so you know." Johnson sighs.

They both walk out and I look back out the window. I see Vanessa sitting on the curb balling her eyes out.

"I hate myself to."

Vanessa

"Thank you." I tell the Uber driver.

I walk into my house being welcomed by my mom and Lori.

"Welcome back." They say with bright smiles on their faces.

Their smiles are turned to frowns when they see my face. I don't blame them. My eyes were probably red and puffy. I look like shit.

"Baby what's wrong, are you okay?" My mom says pulling me into a hug.

"Sweetie what's going on?" Lori says rubbing my back.

"Sammy hates me." I say. Tears start flowing down my cheeks for what seems like the millionth time today.

"No he doesn't, I'm sure everything's fine. He could never hate you honey." Lori says as we walk into the living room.

"Everything was going so good, and I ruined it." I say wiping my face. I'm tired of crying.

"He doesn't even wanna look to me." I look up to stop the tears.

"Honey, whatever you did I'm sure you guys can fix it." My mom tells me.

"I don't think so, he said he doesn't want to see me again." I cry remembering all his harsh words.

"He didn't even say goodbye." I can't help but sob.

"We had this whole plan of me possibly moving out there with him and starting new memories together, I'm so stupid."

"Do you want me to talk to him?" Lori asks as she rubs my back gently.

"No I don't think he wants to know anything about me anymore."