Chapter 17

Vanessa

My mom was currently driving me and Sammy home from the hospital. I am under strict bed rest and 24 hour surveillance, according to my mom. I understand why, I scared a lot of people and they all want to make sure I'm okay.

"Everyone should be waiting at the house." My mom speaks.

"Who's everyone?" I ask.

"Emily and Baker flew down when they heard what happened."

"They didn't have to come, I didn't mean to cause any trouble. To anyone." I say while looking at Sam.

"Vanessa, we were worried, of course we are going to come check on you." He says. "And besides, you weren't causing trouble to anyone." He reassures me.

"Emily and Baker were planning on coming here anyway. They just didn't know when the right time was." My mom smiles.

"I told G and Johnson what happened, they might fly here tomorrow. Thanksgiving is next week anyway so it fits." Sammy tells me.

"Alright." I sigh. I hated that I was making people change their plans just to come see me.

"Okay Sam you get her while I carry the bag." My mom tells Sammy, as she grabs the bag that she took to the hospital with our clothes this morning.

"Alright c'mere kid." Sammy laughs as he helps me out of the car.

We make it slowly to the front door because I felt like my head was throbbing with each step I took.

"You okay?" Sammy whispers as we get through the front door.

"Yea I just need to lay down." I say back.

"Hey Vanessa." Emily says as she gives me a light hug.

"Hey Em." I smile.

"Where's my sister?" I hear Baker say.

"Bake." I cheer softly. He engulfs me in a big, but soft hug.

Emily and Baker have been dating for almost a year now. After getting to know him and talking to him throughout the year, he became like a big brother to me. I could always count on him to talk to, when I truly needed him.

"How ya feelin?" He asks me.

"I should be okay, I just need to lay down. My head is killing me." I say as Sammy grabs me lightly since I was wobbling.

"Let's get you upstairs then." Sammy says as he picks me up bridal style.

"Get some rest. We are all eating dinner here later, so we'll see you." Emily says.

"Okay bye." I give them a small wave as Sammy walks up the stairs.

"Can you close the curtains? It's really bright." I say as I close my eyes lightly.

"Yea. I told you to put sunglasses on, on the way home. That's probably why your head is hurting." Sammy says.

"Sorry mom." I mumble.

"Vanessa, I'm just looking out for you." He sighs.

"I know, sorry." I say while getting under the covers.

"Can we take a nap?" I yawn.

"We woke up like 2 hours ago." He chuckles.

"Well I'm tired so goodnight." I say laying my head on the pillow.

"Okay. I'm going home, spend time with my family. I'll come back for dinner." He says as he kisses my cheek.

"Okay." I say half asleep.

Sammy

As soon as Vanessa falls asleep, I walk out of her room. I leave the door completely open and walk down the stairs.

"She's asleep, I'm gonna head home for a little bit." I tell Mrs. Stevens.

"Thank you honey, you've been a big help." She smiles at me.

"I'll always be here." I say while giving her a hug.

"Hey baby, is Vanessa alright?" My mom asks as I walk into the kitchen.

"Yea she's sleeping right now." I tell her as I give her a small hug.

"Where's dad?"

"He's in the living room with your sister and Baker." She says.

"Hey." I say walking into the living room.

"Hey lover boy." Emily laughs.

"What?" I chuckle at her.

"Vanessa?" Baker says.

"What about her?" I say confused at what they are getting at.

"Oh please." They both laugh.

"Dad?" I question looking at him. He shrugs his shoulders and gives me a small smirk.

"You guys are crazy." I say to them.

"We might be, but you're the one one who's crazy in love with Vanessa." My sister says back.

"What? No I'm not." I lie.

"It's obvious." She adds.

"Not it's not." I defend.

"So you are?" Baker says.

"I nev- what? I didn't say-yea." I sigh looking down.

"Aww that's so cute." Emily gushes.

"You guys cannot say anything, got it?" I give them a serious look.

"Our lips are sealed." She says. "Are you planning on asking her out?" She asks curiously.

"Yea, right." I laugh.

"What's wrong with that?" She says confused.

"That will ruin everything, and plus, she doesn't feel the same way. Trust me." I lean back on the couch.

"How do you know that." Baker smirks.

"Because were just friends, we always have been. What? Why are you guys giving me that look." They were both giving me weird smirks.

"What do you guys know?" I ask.

"Our lips are sealed." Baker mocks my sister.

"Wait, are you saying there's a possibility that's she feels the same way?" I say standing up.

"Sealed." They both do the motion.

"Holy shit."