Chapter 9

Vanessa

It's been about a week since I got here and I've really enjoyed every minute of it. Not only have Sammy and I been rebuilding our friendship, but I've met some of his friends and they are all pretty cool.

Today the jacks are having a pool party in their backyard. I've come to learn that they throw a party almost every Saturday just for the fun of it.

Sammy had warned me that stass and some of her friends are going to be there. She became part of the friend group a long time ago, so I get why they would invite her. That's actually how her and Sammy met.

Right now, I am currently trying to figure out what I should wear. I've always been insecure about my body, and having a bunch of Instagram models around is going to lower my confidence a lot more.

I pick out a simple white bikini and throw on some shorts and a loose tee shirt

I pick out a simple white bikini and throw on some shorts and a loose tee shirt. I pair it with my white vans. I grab my towel and throw it in Sammy's backpack.

"Vanessa are you almost done." Sammy whines walking into the room.

"Yes." I laugh, throwing his backpack at him.

"Rude." He huffs walking out of the room. I just laugh and shake my head following him out the apartment.

...

"Yo my people, what's up?" Sammy yells as we walk into the backyard.

"Aye Sammy and Vanessa are here." Hayes cheers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw stass and her group of friends.

"Vanessa!" Taylor, Nash's girlfriend, says walking up to me.

"Hey Taylor." I say. She was the first person I really started talking to. She's one of the most down to earth people I've ever met.

"So I know that stass isn't you or Sammy's favorite person, so I suggest you both keep your distance from her. Especially you Sam, cause we don't want any arguing." She points at Sammy. We both nod.

"In case you don't know, that's Kelsey, Noelia, and Olivia." Taylor says. They were all really pretty and had such perfect bodies.

"Got it." I say.

"Good, now forget about them, and go in the pool and have fun." She smiles and starts walking towards Nash.

Me and Sammy walk towards the pool and put our things on some chairs.

"You want to go in the pool?" Sammy asks me.