Chapter 10

Vanessa

I have about three more days left in LA, and it's kind of hard to believe time flew by so quickly. I don't know how long it will be until me and Sammy see each after I go back to Omaha.

The bad thing is, I haven't told Sammy that I'm leaving in a couple days. Of course I'm going to tell him soon. I wouldn't just leave him, even if he did that to me. I'm planning on telling him when he gets back with breakfast.

"I'm back." Sammy's yells from the kitchen.

"Good, I'm hungry." I say grabbing the bag and sitting down.

"Damn relax." He chuckles, as I start stuffing my face with this delicious food.

"Sorry." I blush. How embarrassing.

"Hey, So my friend Bazzi is having a concert here on Saturday, and he gave me backstage passes, do you wanna go?" He asks. Shit.

"So, I kinda wanted to talk to you about something." I say nervously.

"What's up?" He smiles.

"I actually leave on Friday." His smile falls.

"Back to Omaha?" He asks. I nod.

"It's not like I can stay here forever. I eventually have to go back." I spoke.

"I know that, but I didn't think it would be so soon." He puts his fork down and pushes his plate to the side.

"Why don't you just stay here with me, I have an extra bedroom, all you have to do is furnish it." He says.

"Sammy I can't just drop everything I have in Omaha, I have a job, my moms over there."

"I'm sure she'll be alright by herself, and my parents are across the street so nothing is going to happen." He pleads.

"What about my job huh?"

"There's plenty of jobs here."

"But are they going to pay me as good as they do in the diner. I'm in a good position there, I worked hard for that spot." I was starting to get upset.

He thinks that everything is so easy, but he doesn't get it. He has fame and money, of course he doesn't understand normality.

"It might not, but I can help you find something. Modeling, you've always wanted to be a model." He points out.

"That was a long time ago, I could never do that. I'm to insecure now." I say truthfully.

I would have loved to be on magazine covers and billboards. Modeling and photography were two passions of mine. I loved getting my picture taken, as well as taking pictures, it made me feel confident in myself. But thats changed, I lost all my confidence.

"There's lots of modeling opportunities here in LA, I can help you. We can go out tomorrow and take pictures of you, and then we can send them to modeling agencies here. If one of them accepts you, you can stay." He smiles.

"Please, I've treated you like shit and I want to make up for it. I've missed you like crazy these past couple of years. We can make so many new memories here." He grabs my hands.