3. The Train

Y/N's POV

It was time for us to all go to King's Cross, my parents had urgent Ministry business, I was presuming that it had something to do with the Azkaban escapee, Sirius Black. Due to that, I would be going to the platform with the Weasley family. Things were still awkward between me and Ron. However, he still sat with me, Harry and Hermione.

In our compartment was another person, it was an adult.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron asked.

"Professor R. J. Lupin. " whispered Hermione at once.

"How'd you know that?"

"It's on his case," she replied, pointing at the luggage rack over the man's head, where there was a small, battered case held together with a large quantity of neatly knotted string. The name Professor R. J. Lupin was stamped across one corner in peeling letters.

"Wonder what he teaches?" said Ron, frowning at Professor Lupin's pallid profile.

"That's obvious," whispered Hermione, "there's only one vacancy, isn't there? Defence Against the Dark Arts."

We had already had two Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers, both of whom had lasted only one year. There were rumours that the job was jinxed.

Confident that Lupin was asleep, Harry proceeded to tell us about the dog he saw and what he overheard.

"Sirius Black is after you basically." I said, looking at Harry.

He looked down. "Well, he's after you as well."

My heart stopped. "W-why me?" I managed to croak out.

"I don't know, I just overheard." Harry replied.

Sirius Black had murdered thirteen people with one curse, yeah, I was scared. If he could do that he would have no problem murdering two teenage wizards.

"Remember, we have Dumbledore," Hermione said, "I suppose they'll put better security in the castle since Black's escape."

"Oh, Mr Weasley said we're not allowed to go after Black." Harry said.

"Why would I go looking for someone I know wants to kill me?" I said blankly.

Our conversation carried on, but it was awkward in our compartment because Ron still refused to talk to me. The topic of conversation moved from Sirius Black to Hogsmeade.

"Won't it be nice to get out of school for a bit and explore Hogsmeade?" I said.

"I suppose it will," said Harry heavily, "you'll have to tell me when you've found out. "

"What d'you mean?" I said.

"I can't go. The Dursleys didn't sign my permission form, and Fudge wouldn't either."

Ron looked horrified. "You're not allowed to come? But, no way, McGonagall or someone will give you permission-"

Harry laughed, we all knew that McGonagall was one of the strictest teachers in Hogwarts.

"We can ask Fred and George, they know every secret passage out of the castle-"

"Ron!" said Hermione sharply. "I don't think Harry should be sneaking out of the school with Black on the loose-"

"Yeah, I expect that's what McGonagall will say when I ask of permission," said Harry bitterly.

"But if we're with him," said Ron spiritedly to Hermione, "Black wouldn't dare-"

"Oh, Ron, don't talk rubbish," snapped Hermione, "Black's already murdered a whole bunch of people in the middle of a crowded street, do you really think he's going to worry about attacking Harry just because we're there?"