22. The Attack

Y/N's POV

I left Hermione on her own and joined the party again. The party only ended when McGonagall showed up in her pyjamas, at one in the morning, insisting that we went to bed.

At last, exhausted, I climbed into bed, twitched the hangings of my four-poster shut to block out a ray of moonlight, lay back, and felt myself almost instantly drifting off to sleep...

I had a very strange dream, I was walking around with my Firebolt over my shoulder when suddenly I felt something excruciating, I thought I was imagining it but the pain felt so real, I screamed loudly hoping that I would wake up from what seemed to be a nightmare.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I heard a voice scream.

I couldn't seem to open my eyes, I could only hear.

"What's going on?" I heard Seamus Finnigan ask.

"Black! Sirius Black! With a knife!" I heard Ron exclaim. "I saw him, then I saw him go to Y/N's bed! Someone check on him!"

Everyone seemed to come to my direction, and then I heard a loud scream, again.

"His face..." I heard Harry mutter, "what on earth did Black do to him..."

Harry's POV

Everyone but Y/N all scrambled out of bed, I reached the dormitory door first, and we sprinted back down the staircase. Ron came with me but I had a Seamus and Dean stay behind and look after Y/N. He needed help quick, he was losing a lot of blood and soon our shirts wouldn't be able to stop the blood from flowing.

"Who shouted?"

"What're you doing?"

The Common Room was lit with the glow of the dying fire, still littered with the debris from the party. It was deserted.

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming, Ron?"

"I'm telling you, I saw him!"

A few of the girls had come down their staircase, pulling on dressing gowns and yawning.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" said Fred Weasley brightly.

"Everyone back upstairs!" said Percy, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pyjamas as he spoke.

"Perce, Sirius Black!" said Ron faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

The Common Room went very still.

"Nonsense!" said Percy, looking startled. "You've had too much to eat, Ron- had a nightmare-"

Professor McGonagall was back. She slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the Common Room and stared furiously around.

"I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorise this, Professor!" said Percy, puffing himself up indignantly. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed. Ron had a nightmare!

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE! IF YOU WANT PROOF JUST LOOK AT Y/N L/N'S FACE HE'S BEEN ATTACKED!"

Professor McGonagall stared at him, then muttered to Percy. "Get Professor Dumbledore, quick."

She then turned to Ron again, "Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"

"Ask him!" said Ron, pointing a shaking finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw-"

Glaring suspiciously at Ron, Professor McGonagall pushed the portrait back open and went outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath. "Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"