Chapter 4: The Forest of No Return

A week later,

Ritsuka and the wolf had been traveling through the forest, there were no signs of any civilization only monsters and animals that have been spotted.

During those times, Ritsuka would take any chances she can get to practice her archery. She also trained with the sword she had gotten. At first, it was quite heavy for her to handle, but with multiple tries she was able to properly hold it right.

However...let's just say her swing is still...out of balanced...

But Ritsuka didn't give up, she still would often swing her sword. But in cases of attacking a monster, she would use the dagger as it is a lot more lighter than the sword...
.
.
.
Days and days gone by...but Ritsuka and the wolf is still unable to find a way out.

Ritsuka starts to wonder if they had been traveling in circles "Say, are we really going in the right direction?"
"Arf...!" The Wolf answered,

"Well, in that case...this is one big...large...wide forest..," Ritsuka said,

Just then, they heard something rustling near them.
"Another enemy?" Ritsuka asked, as she readies her bow and arrow.
"Grrr...!"

Ritsuka and the wolf stayed down as they waited for the noise to come closer. Ritsuka went and hide behind a tree....

Moments later, they see a pack of monsters coming their way. Ritsuka sees them and she thought that.....she won't be getting any lunch...
Just as she thought that, the wolf had already went and attack the group of small monsters. She then proceeds to shoot down some of the other monsters...when it actuality she wouldn't be getting any of those monsters...at all!

Ritsuka sighs, there was a day she asked the wolf why it got smaller. As it turns out, when the wolf formed the contract to heal her wound, it's power was sucked into her....in a vast amount that almost made it lost almost all of its powers.

Which explains why the wolf would hug every monster it gets in order to replenish its strength faster. It can actually absorb magic in the air normally, but (This is much faster) it said.

In the end, during these weeks Ritsuka must find and hunt her own food....
.
.
.
Once the wolf has already finished eating all of the monsters, Ritsuka had also finished eating the small rabbit monster she found. They decided that it's time that they continue their journey...

They started walking once again, however....Ritsuka suddenly felt that the air seems different somehow. She can't clearly explain it, but she has this dreaded feeling like they're being watched.
Just then, they're suddenly covered by a mist....

"What the—!?"

"Fufufufu....Ah, what a surprise this is!" They suddenly hear someone coming towards them,
"Who's there!?"

Slowly someone is coming, and they see a...young man with black hair and red blood eyes.
"Who are you?" Ritsuka asked,

"Oh? You never heard of me? How sad, I thought you're another one of those idiots that wanted to challenge me," The young man said,
"Challenge? What are you saying?" Ritsuka asked, she's really confused...

"My my, you really ask a lot of questions. Usually, people who sees me...they all run away or turn hostile,"
"You're just...another person, aren't you?" Ritsuka said warily,

"Wrong, I gotta say..,you must be quite a pampered young lady to not even know of a Demon's traits," The young man said with a sinister smile,
"Demon?"

"Hmm Hmm, look at your little companion. Even it's hair are all standing," The young man said,
"Care if I ask, whether you are a friend or foe?"