Chapter 65: Whitestone Palace

"Is this...really the sword?" Ritsuka asked,

"The one and only, even the Queen was shocked as well. After you successfully connect with the sword, the blade suddenly turned black," Ayden said,

"That's probably because Raven is now the one who's occupying the sword. Thorin was a white wolf, so...I guess that's why?" Ritsuka said,

Thanks to Raven receiving Thorin's power...she also received fragments of his memories.

Thorin was once a powerful magical beast that ruled over a forest, until he went berserk from a curse, an evil mage wanted to control Thorin and have him as his contract beast, but Thorin refused the mage's control and it backfired to both of them.

The mage lost his life, while Thorin became a berserk magical beast. The curse can only be broken by the caster, sadly the mage is no longer alive...

He caused a lot of damage wherever he went...he even killed one of his children without him realizing it. This realization further worsen his curse....with his last remaining sense, he told his family to escape and get away from him...ever since then he never saw his family again....

He roamed the land causing a lot of damage and death....until a group of mages and warriors did their best to seal him away. He was sealed away into a deep dungeon where he stayed there for many years....

One day....a young Evelyn came to the dungeon.
It was a very hard dungeon as many have failed to reach the lowest floor, which is where Thorin is being kept. Even when she was young, Evelyn Tempest was already quite a strong young lady....he managed to reach Thorin...

Evelyn fought against Thorin and defeated him in the end after a long battle where they both suffered many injuries....
In the end, Evelyn managed to heal Thorin from his curse....but he asked Evelyn to kill him....but Evelyn refused. She had heard tales of Thorin before coming into the dungeon and wanted to acquire his powers....however, after knowing his past....she wished to help him meet is family once again....

After taking him out of the dungeon, Evelyn helped him find his family....many years have passed and his children have grown. He was happy and touched to see his family once again......however, he decided to become Evelyn's companion as she was the one who set him free of his curse...

Evelyn was already quite powerful, adding Thorin's power she became the strongest knight at that time....

While Ritsuka is remembering the memory of Thorin and Evelyn,
"Senpai...," Mash called out to her,

"Huh? Yeah...what's wrong?"
"Actually, Senpai...your hands," Mash said,

"What's wrong with my— Whoa....!" Ritsuka lifts up her right hand and was surprised to see the burnt marks on it,
"No wonder I can't feel a thing....," She mumbled,

"I've already applied medicine on your arm. I'll apply some more later on," Mash said,
"And also....about your prosthetic arm, Senpai...," Mash hesitated,
"Huh? Why? What's wrong with it?" Ritsuka lifts up her prosthetic arm, but—

"Where is it!?" Ritsuka is shocked to see it's not attach to her!
"Calm down Senpai...the arm was...well...it has some cracks on it, but the Queen already sent it to be fixed. She said it's her gift to you," Mash said,