Chapter 33 : Resting & Investigating

A few days later...

Ritsuka and the guys have descended the mountain, and they've decided to take a break. It turns out, Ritsuka and the others had to fight endless streams of monsters while Natalia went missing.

The others needed some downtime before setting off on their journey again, what's more...Natalia still needs some rest.

Aaron had also decided to follow the group...one reason is that he wanted to help the group. He heard about their destination from both Leonard and Natalia, since he's grateful to both Ritsuka and the group...he'll help them fight.

The other reason he's following them is the girl who is currently wiping her guns clean. Natalia is currently sitting by the window as she wipes the filth from her guns...Aaron is also sitting there reading a book he took from the inn's small library. However, it could be said that his eyes are actually on the silhouette of a certain Huntress as her figure is illuminated by the soft sunlight coming from the window...

He...told her about his past...how he was once a mercenary, taking up many guarding jobs, hunting, etc.
However, everything changed when he accepted one particular rescue mission. He was supposed to rescue a Noble's daughter from some slave traders...however what he met was a pack of demons, led by one particular powerful demon.

That is when he was defeated, and how he got cursed. He would transform and loose control of his mind on the 7th night. He had wounded many...that is when he decided to seclude himself in the mountain. During his time in the mountain, the Guardian would sometimes come to him....he had saved him from hurting others...and they would often train together...he was able to control his sanity over time although it was only a bit...

Which is why he really wanted to rescue the Guardian...he would 'attack' some adventures, wounding them...also spreading rumors that there is a beast up on the mountain...trying to keep adventurers away from the mountain...(although yes it did backfire)...

He tried to stop the Guardian, but it was so hard to locate him...and he can't exactly defeat it himself...until Ritsuka's group shows up...
.
.
.
He thought that he was really fortunate to have come upon Ritsuka's group...

However, he still couldn't believe that they will be looking the legendary Phantasia Kingdom...didn't that kingdom disappear without a trace thousands of years ago...?

Well...Ritsuka does have Light magic which is pretty rare...there might be a chance that it could be found? Well! Who knows...he'll just focus on fighting and protecting these folks...
.
.
.
Meanwhile,

Theo, Ritsuka, Vin and Raven decides to go outside as they want to buy some food and other stuffs they needed. Apparently, when they're in the mountain they were forced to leave some of their rations in the cave.

Theo's eyes were drawn by some herbs that were on sale at one of the stands so he went to see them.
"Vin, you should accompany him," Ritsuka said,

"....You sure? You don't want me to help you carry your bags later?" Vin asked her,
"Don't worry, I'm not gonna buy that much, and I have Raven with me," Ritsuka said,

"....," Vin stares at her,
"I'll be fine, don't worry too much Okay? We're safe inside this town," Ritsuka said,

"....Okay, but call for me if you need anything," Vin said before going over to Theo,
"Let's go Raven,"

And so the two of them looks around town. As she walks, she happens upon a particular stand...

"Oh? This is...!" Ritsuka's eyes glimmer,
.
.
A few moments later,