There Goes The Brides [3]

{Silver's POV}

I woke up, confused as to what my arms were not stuck under anymore, until I opened my eyes fully.

I saw that I must've fallen asleep, and that Jayden must have moved my arm before falling asleep himself.

"Hey." He said, opening his eyes at me, and I sighed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be. this close."

I said, and he looked at me.

"Really? That's what you're going with?" I heard him say, but I rolled over to face the other side.

"Hey. It's okay." He said, and I shook my head at him. "No it isn't. I swore I wouldn't get this close to anyone."

I said, and he looked at me.

"No attachments outside of the team Snorm. What's wrong?" He asked, and I looked at him. "I hated that name."

I said, and he looked at me.

"Don't you dare start calling me cub again Snorm." He said, and I looked at him. "You're such a cub."

I said, and he tickled me, and I squealed with laughter, and bit my lip hard to stop the loud squealing.

"I'm sorry, that you think you're putting anyone that is close to you in danger, but we can defend ourselves Silver." He said, and I looked at him.

"So please, what's the trauma behind your hatred of dresses? Maybe I can. I can help you."

He said, and I looked at him. "It's not the dresses. It's what is supposed to be kept hidden underneath." I said, voice deadly quiet. "I've got pictures." I said quietly, and pulled out my phone.

Jayden sat up next to me, and I shook my head and felt a single tear running down my face. "Silver." He said.

"Dad came home drunk. This was the result." I said quietly, and handed him the phone, which was from a folder.

It was scars from all over me, and I turned away, pulling the big pullover more securely around me.

"Silver I'm sorry." He said, and I lowered my head. "None of my other family was there. That was it."

I said, and he moved over, so that he was sitting next to me. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

He said, and I looked at him, and shook my head. "I was only thinking that I deserved it at the time."

I said, and he looked at me. "You didn't deserve any of that." He said, and I felt his arms around me in a gentle hug.

I shut my eyes, and heard a hard knocking on the door. "Get up! Also find Jayden!"

Mike said, and I felt Jayden shaking slightly with laughter, and I sighed. "If only he knew."

I said, and Jayden stifled his laughter, and walked out of my room, after we knew that Mike was gone for sure.

I was just lacing up my combat boots, when Mia came in at a run, holding a bag that I knew was gonna be one of my worst nightmares.

"I'm sorry." She said, and I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Fine. But you so owe me one for this." I said, and she looked at me.

"I'll make you dinner." She said, and I choked on horror. "No thanks. I'll just wear it."

I said, and she helped me to do the wedding dress up, and I moved the veil to cover my face.

"You don't need the wig. You are so beautiful enough without it. I don't know why you bothered."

She said, and I looked at her.

"Because I am my own person. If Ji needs me to be someone else, then I need to switch it entirely."

I said, and she looked at me.

"You don't need it today. I'm sure Jayden will agree with me. When he sees you on the altar instead of me."

She said, and I shook my head, feeling my heart pounding, and it was like an enormous amount of nerves, had take a hold on me.

My palms were bloody, and she looked at me. "He still loves you. Just remember that."

Mia said, and I nodded at her.

Mia and I took a car to the wedding reception, and when Mia went to tell the others the plan.

I was sitting in the back of the car, and was feeling like I was going to projectile vomit everywhere.

Mia came back to the car, now wearing the bridesmaid dress that I was supposed to be wearing.

"Are you sure you don't want to walk up the aisle in this dress?"

I asked, gulping back hard, the sensation of very much wanting my breakfast to come back up.

"Hey. You can do this." She said, and I nodded, and clenched the wolf charm in my pocket, and I nodded again.

"I can do this. I won't throw up over everything. I can do this." I said, and I looked at her.

"Is this normal? For me to be more nervous about this then a battle with a Nighlok?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Yes it is. Now go. I'll be right behind you." She said, and practically shoves me out of the door of the van.

Then of course, right into Kevin and Mike. "Wow. You look... beautiful. I'm actually serious."

Mike said, and I snorted, and shook my head at him. "Can we just get this over with?"

I asked, and they each took one of my arms. I focused, on putting my fear of dresses and what they hide away, and I focused on what I was here to do.

"Wow." Emily whispered, her eyes wide with awe, and I smiled at her, and she looked shocked about it.

Kevin and Mike went their separate ways, and I stood next to Jayden, and we were facing the priest.

I looked at him, and he nodded at me, and his look was enough. I nodded, as I was basically saying I was okay with this, what was going on.

He nodded at me, and I felt his hand nudging mine, before I shut my eyes, and then suddenly, the Moogers were charging in.

Jayden was thrown to the side, and the last thing I saw was all of them, yelling for me to escape.