Forest For The Trees

{Silver's POV}

I walked into the room, and yawned as I sat between Jayden and Mike who looked at me.

"Wow. You slept in more then I did."

He said, and I looked at him.

"I don't sleep at night." I said, and Emily looked at me. "Then when do you sleep?" She asked.

"Dawn to wake up usually. Sorry I'm late." I said, covering yet another big yawn with my hand.

"It is alright. We were just deciding who the disks go to." Jayden said, and the yawn stopped.

"For the Samurai Battlewing?"

I asked, and he nodded at me. "Beetle. Swordfish. Tiger." I said, glancing at a or the Beetle Disc in particular.

"But, the legendary wolf disc has an important part to play as well. It says, that whoever wields the wolf disc is the last line of defense if we lose all. You are the last line of defense now."

Mentor said, and I looked at the Wolf Disc that I drew out of my pocket just now, and I looked at it.

Am I really ready for this?

What if I fail?

What if I lose the disc?

What if I die?

Will someone else be able to pick up the disc after me? Or will it die with me because I am the last Silver Ranger?

All of those thoughts ran through my head all at once, and at least some of them must have shown on my face.

I felt arms around me, and I knew that it was Jayden. Because no one else, ever could have gotten even anywhere near.

So close to me without getting their butts kicked before they even got to the close enough point to open arm.

I lowered my head, and clenched my hand around the disc. "Who would be the person after me? I am the last one of my family Ji."

I said, and Mentor looked at me. "You are the last Silver Ranger, as of now. I trust you can find a worthy successor should that happen."

Ji said, and I felt the pain building up, along with fear, once again. "I'll keep the Tigerzord."

Jayden said in a astounding effort to quickly change the subject and tone of the entire conversation.

"Swordfish goes to Kevin, since he was the one to catch it, and therefore, he has a connection to it."

Ji said, and Kevin took the blue Swordfish disc from Jayden, and I looked to them both to see who would, now be getting the Beetle.

"The Beetle Disc goes to..." Ji said, and I saw Mike perk up, clearly thinking it was him, and I glanced back at Jayden who shrugged.

"Mia. We see that you have all the symbol power we need to master this disc."

Jayden said, handing it to her, and Mia smiled at the disc that was now in her hands, and I looked at Mike.

Mike had already left the room, looking mutinous, and I looked at Ji and Jayden.

"What should we do about him? If he goes for it in the field and it does not, end up reacting to him, we're dead."

I said, and Ji looked at me. "You won't be dead. You are still of the last line of defense, the Last Silver Ranger."

He said, and I sighed.

"You could save them all. Red, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, but only, if it is that it should not react to him." Ji said, and looked at me.

"Do you understand? That... If it does end up reacting to him, I believe that you could counterattack it. Have you even unlocked the full powers of the Wolf Disc yet?"

Ji asked, and I looked at him, and shook my head in silence, and my hands shook.

"Ease up a little Mentor. Can't you see she's uncomfortable?" Kevin said, and I lowered my head to the Wolf Disc.

"Terrified would be more correct." I heard Mia say, and I stood up, and felt all of the eyes on me, as I walked out.

"Shadow staff." I said quietly, and my staff was there, and it was brilliantly, shining with shadowy flames.

"Need a partner?" I said absolutely nothing in response to Jayden's clear question.

That was, until I spun my staff around, and almost knocked him back 5 feet.

"You shouldn't be out here. I could have killed you Jay." I said quietly, and he looked at me.

"But you didn't. Why does this last line of defense stuff, now scare you so much? You used to love talking."

Jayden said, picking up a wooden staff from the side, and I looked at him and shook my head.

I gave him another metal one, and he held it in his hands like I did. "Jayden, this is a master's hold. You don't want to use that grip."

I said, and he looked at me.

"Okay. So how should I do it? I guess I am using the now last line of defense, grip?..."

He started, and I punched him in the face, and he staggered back, dropping the staff, and holding his jaw with his hand. "Silver what the heck?" He said.

"I told you, to back off. I told you, to stay away. Just leave me alone." I said and he looked at me.

"Fine." He said, and I turned away. I heard him walking away. I shook my head, and I turned back to my staff.

I looked at it, and I pulled off my power disc, and looked at it, finding myself wondering once again, if I truly was worthy of this.

I shut my eyes, and inhaled sharply, before I put it back onto my sword, as I then spun it quickly, and shadows, flew around the blade.

"Wolf Disc."

I said quietly, and my shadows flew out in a beam, and they hit the disc, and I was suddenly in the middle, of an huge whirlwind of shadows.

The Disc grew into something that I thought was only legend, and I stood up, and was shocked to see a wolf.

It wasn't just a zord though, I was shocked to see that it was a Megazord crouching in front of me.

I let it go back into the Disc quickly, and I held the Wolf Disc tightly in my hands, and I looked at it.

"The True Power of the Wolf."

I whispered, to it, to myself, and feeling like the other Silver Rangers, my ancestors, were watching me.

I slipped the Disc back into my pocket, and walked inside, putting my swords away and all I wanted to do was think but I still had someone to apologize to first.

I knocked on Jayden's door.

"Yeah?" He asked, and I opened the door. "Hey." He said, and I looked at him.

"Thought you'd be angrier at me." I said, and he snorted at me and I just raised a eyebrow.

"How's the jaw?" I asked. "Nothing I haven't had before. Mostly from you I might add." He said, and I sighed.

"Look I'm sorry. You know I don't do well under pressure." I said, and now his eyebrows were raised.

"You do fine under pressure Silver Storm. You just don't do well under shocking, terrifying, or surprising, circumstances."

"Having all of that, thrown at you all at once that would scare anyone of us. Well anyone human anyways."

He said. "You saying that Ji isn't human?" I asked, and he laughed at me quickly.

"Oh come here you." He said, and I leaned against him, and his hug. "I'm sorry about your jaw." I mumbled.

"Shut up." He said, and it was my turn to laugh.